Bon Secour Fall 2010 - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 13, '10 by FirefightersWifeI think I remember seeing on their website that it could take less than 4 years, probably depending on if you have a prior degree, or have already been taking pre-reqs somewhere else. They have several information sessions scheduled, that would probably be the best way to find out direcly from them. But I know how you feel, I'm ready to get into school and be done!
- Jul 13, '10 by hippydippyThanks FirefightersWife! I looked at the website and didn't see any upcoming info sessions, just ones that happened in March or April...so that kind of stinks. Have you looked at ODU's BSN program? I just heard about it yesterday from a girl in one of my classes and it looks like once you have the pre-reqs done it would be 2 years full-time, but certainly doable. They have afar amount of pre-reqs though it seems like, but I suppose in the end it's all about the same time frame. Good luck with your searching.
- Jul 14, '10 by FirefightersWifeThanks! Bon Secours does have an info session coming up on July 23rd at 9AM. But it is in Richmond, and I gather from your posts you are in the Hampton area. I think there is one in August too, but I don't remember the date.
I have looked into ODU, but Norfolk is a little far for me considering I'm in Richmond. I'd love to live closer to the beach, but convincing my husband to move would be a little difficult! lol
Good luck to you as well!
- Jul 15, '10 by hippydippyThanks for letting me know the dates I'm actually in Williamsburg so it would be an hour either way for me. Of course traffic to Norfolk (that dreadful tunnel...) would probably make it worse. My fiance works in Williamsburg and we had planned to settle here so I now all too well the delights of pushing for a move to be closer haha. I really like so much about the Bon Secours program, but it would be a hassle to drive 2.5 hours everyday. I will try and go to the info session because that would probably help clarify how long it would take in terms of school and that will certainly be a factor. Thanks again for letting me know!
- Jan 18, '11 by stary01dolphinbeauty09 and ashtanga - i am in the same boat with bad grades from school when i first got out of college. i have been taking classes for the past year at reynolds and have straight a's. even with my a's, my cumulative gpa is 2.79, i was wondering how you explained the issue in your essay to the school? any advice would be great! thanks!