Anyone Attending Western Governors University Pre-licensure Nursing on Oct 2011? - Page 5Register Today!
- Oct 26, '11 by sdlaneIs this a self-paced online program? I did not think it is but, wanted to make sure because I do not want it to be self-paced. Also, Will they be getting hospital clinicals in San Diego? If not, which hospital would be most sufficient for SD students to attend clinicals.Last edit by sdlane on Oct 26, '11
- Oct 30, '11 by dixon4rnHow are things going with the program?
- Nov 20, '11 by FcatHello everyone,
I am currently applying to the march cohort, I would like to know if there is anyone applying to this one as well,I am in Los Angeles, and would truly LOVED hear back from anyone that is already on the program. I would like to know about the application process for clinicals, how hard it is?
- Nov 30, '11 by 73ss86Hello everyone,
I am also applying to the march cohort. I would like to know from previous students about the clinicals is it really 12 hour shifts for 12 weeks? When does that start?
- Nov 30, '11 by SPJJMommyThe clinicals are 12 hour shifts for 2 week periods (so you do 5 shifts within 2 weeks). There are about 9 or 10 clinical intensive periods over the course of the 24-month program. The first year you only have 3 clinical intensives, so most of them happen in the second year. Hopefully that clears it up a little for you!
- Nov 30, '11 by 73ss86Quote from SPJJMommyThank you! That does clear it up!The clinicals are 12 hour shifts for 2 week periods (so you do 5 shifts within 2 weeks). There are about 9 or 10 clinical intensive periods over the course of the 24-month program. The first year you only have 3 clinical intensives, so most of them happen in the second year. Hopefully that clears it up a little for you!
- Dec 8, '11 by brandonsgirlHello, I am looking into WGU and was wondering where everyone took there biochem class? I am looking for online options.
- Dec 14, '11 by fitness1stHi is anyone in the WGU pre-lic BSN program in Florida?
- Feb 22, '12 by EVLGNUSA counselor interviewed me today and talked about the program. WGU change the nursing program to 2 1/2 years...the first 6 months will all be didactics, but we need to go to a mandatory clinical bootcamp for 2 weekends w/c will all be CNA clinical skills, after that they will test us. Then after 6 months, it's mostly gonna be clinical for the rest of the 2 years. I feel excited but I might change my job to part time or perdiem after 6 months. =)
- Feb 26, '12 by FcatHello everyone, I got into the march cohort for cedars, I am very happy.Can anyone tell me what should I expect for the nursing skill boot camp and the test, is it hard, what will they ask me to perform, is there any written exam as well? Thank you very much!!!!