UTA Spring 2013 - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 2, '12 by tnuh@ Camille 2013: I am also going for the traditional program at UTA.
@ nici0513: I think that you have a very good chance at getting in with that GPA. Even though it does suck to take Chem again, at least you'll be a pro by the time you finish it the second time around . Plus, you'll still get to start the program at the same time. Im going to be applying with a 3.75 GPA overall and a 3.75 in sciences as well. I am just going to cross my fingers and go with the flow ...
- Apr 3, '12 by kmlnielsen@ nici0513
Thank you I will try that!
- Apr 3, '12 by LaneerobinsonHi,
I'm also taking intro to nursing and Pharm in the fall at UTA. I finished up my pre-reqs at TWU. Did you already take your Hesi exam? I'm nervous but anxious hopefully I get in! My twin sister just got accepted into TWU dallas program for the fall.
- Apr 3, '12 by nici0513@tnuh: Your scores are great too! Don't think you have anything to worry about as well. When I talked to my nursing advisor she said generally the cut-off is around 3.5 gpa because of the amount of applicants, but you never can be sure either.
@Laneerobinson: I took my HESI already and got 94% overall, 890 on critical thinking. If you haven't taken it yet, I bought the study guide book and that helped a lot. Some of the same questions were on the actual test, except that it doesn't prepare you for the critical thinking. Congrats to your sister, are you applying to TWU also? I am as my back-up but I have to take the TEAS this summer. What did your sister think about the TEAS?
- Apr 5, '12 by svh040789Hey I'm applying to Spring 2013 Traditional Program. I have all my prereqs done cept Math and I am currently in Path and Pharm right now its pretty intense but you will do fine! I wish you the best of luck.
- Apr 5, '12 by svh040789Don't be nervous! Its only pass or fail @ UTA
- Apr 5, '12 by tnuhYes, at UTA they only check to see if you have passed or failed, which is a good thing cause that vocab killed me...
@svh040789: Which class would you say is harder? Pharm or Path? Do you have good teachers?
- Apr 6, '12 by svh040789Pharm Most Definitely! My teachers are great....Path - Stephens...but now it is Urban bc I think Stephens is retiring but Urban is great.Pharm - Laird she seems tough but she's hilarious and down to earth.You will have to study your butt off but it is definitely do-able.
- Apr 9, '12 by anawHi everyone! I am also applying for Spring 2013 at Uta. I am taking math algebra and statistics during the summer and pharm and patho during the fall!
- Apr 12, '12 by Camille2013Quote from tnuhHas anyone gone to the "Walk In Wednesday" for advising? How did it go?Hello everyone! Just wanted to start this thread for anyone planning on attending UTA's nursing program in the Spring of 2013.....
I am working on the last of my pre-reqs right now at TCC, but I plan on attending UTA this fall to take Intro to Nursing, Patho, and Pharm... Anyone in the same boat???