UTA Spring 2012 - Page 96Register Today!
- Dec 10, '11 by BJBAILEY1972Well it gives me comfort to meet a kindred spirit... I heard back from my advisor and they have not yet (as of yesterday/today) made calls for Baylor... At least she eluded to that... Also I think uta is closed next week and the week between christmas and new year - so we may not hear anything until first of jan.... But @cmapes we have hope!!!!!
- Dec 10, '11 by Libra1018I am glad to hear they are still making calls. I am hoping maybe they have not started yet on the waitlist for the trad program. I am on pins and needles too.
- Dec 11, '11 by notolaQuote from caitlyn181603Don't believe anything the counselors tell you. They told me the same thing, and though my GPA is pretty good, I was rejected. I was not partnered with a hospital, and they neglected to tell me that this is a big plus.TLeigh and McKinneymom, would you mind giving some additional details. I am new to the forum and went into talk to UTA advisors today about both the AP and traditional programs. She said I have a chance to get in but it will be close. She said with my scores she really thinks I would be on the wait list but, it really depends on the applicant pool.
I have a 4.0 science, 3.55 overall GPA, none of my classes have been taken at UTA, no prior degrees, not partnered. I am trying to be realistic about my chance to even get in the traditional program. I am trying to decide whether I should retake 2 old classes from 10 years ago that I got C's in. A's in them would give me a 3.78 overall. Uggh, hard decisions. Glad to join the boards and see you guys are getting in!!
- FYI. Being partnered is NOT a plus. It seems this year they've made some changes. I am partnered and I am on the waiting list. At this point, I am not sure if even helps. I thought I had decent scores and I am still waiting to be called. Sorry if I sound harsh, but I keep reading post saying that it helps. In my case, I am on the same boat as everyone else...
- Dec 12, '11 by BJBAILEY1972I think being partnered is on advantagious with regards to the number of applicants vs. spots in the cohort groups. But I have to tell you @emt2bls it has not been as smooth or easy as our facility eluded that it would be.
If you don't mind me asking - what facility are you partnered with? I know that some spots are held for current students (should they not pass clinicals). I am hoping that they all have done well and all us wait listed folks get called. I know, from the posts here, that several folks have been called from other facilities...but I have seen anyone from mine post that they have been called.
Keep the faith...
- Texas Health Fort Worth...it is weird because I talked to the hospital contact for the APBSN a few months ago and she said that spaces were never filled. They always had extra spaces in that hospital. She even mentioned that Fort Worth was opening additional spaces for next semester. I've sent her several emails and still no response. Something smells "fishy"
- Dec 12, '11 by BJBAILEY1972I thought the same thing and called my facility coordinator...they are monitoring the situation - we were informed that we always have more applicants than there are spots...but again, it seems odd to me that so many people from my facility are applying at the same time for the same program, with high GPAs and stuff to the point that we are wait listed...just didn't seem right...
- That's the thing, my facilitator told me that they always had more spaces than applicants and that for spring they were adding even more....something is not right.
- Dec 12, '11 by notolaSeems that you would have heard something by now. A little late in the game not to have heard anything from them. Good luck to you!
I did not get into the online program, despite having a pretty good GPA. Wish that I would have applied to the traditional as well, but made the mistake of putting all my eggs in one basket. I think that things worked out for the best anyway, because I found out that the online program is not for me. I am going to apply to Mary Hardin Baylor in Belton, Texas A&M, University of Houston-Victoria, and go the traditional way.
- Dec 13, '11 by eldraper7BJBAILEY1972 Don't give up! All things are possible with God. You will get into the program. I speak that in Jesus Name.