UTA Spring 2012 - Page 94Register Today!
- Dec 7, '11 by caitlyn181603TLeigh and McKinneymom, would you mind giving some additional details. I am new to the forum and went into talk to UTA advisors today about both the AP and traditional programs. She said I have a chance to get in but it will be close. She said with my scores she really thinks I would be on the wait list but, it really depends on the applicant pool.
I have a 4.0 science, 3.55 overall GPA, none of my classes have been taken at UTA, no prior degrees, not partnered. I am trying to be realistic about my chance to even get in the traditional program. I am trying to decide whether I should retake 2 old classes from 10 years ago that I got C's in. A's in them would give me a 3.78 overall. Uggh, hard decisions. Glad to join the boards and see you guys are getting in!!
- Dec 7, '11 by BJBAILEY1972Welcome @caitly...
Is anyone else wait listed at Baylor for spring?
- Dec 7, '11 by McKinneyMom@caitlyn181603 & @Austingal...
Science GPA = 4.0
Overal = not entirely sure how they calculated it but I think it's ~3.7
@caitlyn, that is a tough decision - it's so hard to know. If I didn't get in this round, I was going to look for a partner position. I would probably do that first, rather than retake classes?
- Dec 7, '11 by kswilliams1107Congrats to those of you who were taken off the waiting list. For the rest of you, don't fret, UTA CON is still unorganized and struggling to get everything together. FOR EXAMPLE... Shortly after I received my acceptance letter, I mailed the acceptance form back Priority ($7) along with Delivery Confirmation. I did this because every time I fax them something, I find out that it was never received. I received confirmation before Thanksgiving that the letter had been delivered to the address printed on the acceptance letter and form. This past Monday I receive a call asking if I was interested in being in the program and that they never received my acceptance form. What is crazy is that in the same envelope, I sent my insurance form that they DID receive. Good thing I made a copy of the acceptance form and was able to scan and email it to them. Point being, hang in there, anything could happen at any time. Is there anybody out there partnered with Good Shepherd? I ask this weekly because I haven't found anyone yet.
- Dec 7, '11 by JudyduckettI'm in!!!!!!!! I got an email from my advisor today!!! Eeeeeeeee I'm so excited!! Good luck to everyone that is still waiting and for the people who didn't get in this time-don't give up!!!! Anything is possible!!!!
- Dec 7, '11 by BJBAILEY1972@judy are you partnered?
- Dec 8, '11 by JudyduckettYes, with HCA.
- Dec 8, '11 by Judyduckett@tleigh,
Have you completed all of your prereq's yet? R u currently enrolled in any classes or have you competed them all?
- Dec 8, '11 by Tleigh@Austingal - my science GPA is around 3.8 also
@Caitlyn - I'm not sure what advice to give you. The only thing I have learned from talking to UTA, is to always take what they say with a grain of salt. Im thankful that I got in, but to be honest, I'm still confused with how all that worked out. I would go ahead and try to get partnered and register for those 2 classes in case you can't find a position. That way you are covered on both ends.
@Judy - I'm completely finished with my prerequisites... Thank goodness!!
- Dec 8, '11 by BJBAILEY1972Has anyone else heard anything about getting off the wait list?