The University of Texas at Arlington - Page 5Register Today!
- Apr 11, '11 by muslimrn2BO I thought you weren't allowed to take them together. How long did it take for you to know you were accepted?
- Apr 11, '11 by MandinoelI don't know if I'm accepted yet. I applied in January for the fall 2011 start date, and they are telling us that the letters are supposed to be mailed out sometime in May. So, I have at least another month or so to wait.
- Apr 11, '11 by chybabeQuote from muslimrn2BDo not just depend on what the website says about your status. Call them and you may be suprised that you are good to go. Call both admission and school of nursing to find out your status. This happened to me and after about 1 week that the site kept saying my application was pending, i finally called and they told me i was good to go. Try and give them a call. Goodluck!O I thought you weren't allowed to take them together. How long did it take for you to know you were accepted?
- Apr 11, '11 by Doreen NYHas anyone considered Regis University in Denver Colorado? I just completed the RN to BSN program. It took me 2 and 1/2 years, since the majority of time I took one class every 8 weeks.You can complete your non-nursing classes at the same time that you take your nursing classes. If someone has a BA, then I am sure they don't need to take as many non-nursing classes, as someone with an associate in nursing. I loved the classes and the nursing advisors were excellent. I got a same day response to most of my e-mails and the nursing advisors were always right on target. Regis online was a great experience for me and has definitely contributed to making me a better person in general. The nursing professors were awesome and the other academic professors were great.
- Apr 12, '11 by chucksterQuote from chybabeI second this. While the "MyMav" student site is a good idea, it is woefully slow to update your admissions information. One example: MyMav still shows that I have transcripts outstanding, though I verified that were mailed to UT-A on 11 Mar and a phone call to the admissions office last week confirmed that they were received. As of today - more than after the fact - MyMav continues to show transcripts outstanding and my admission status on hold.Do not just depend on what the website says about your status. Call them and you may be suprised that you are good to go. Call both admission and school of nursing to find out your status. This happened to me and after about 1 week that the site kept saying my application was pending, i finally called and they told me i was good to go. Try and give them a call. Goodluck!
- Apr 12, '11 by chucksterA late update to UT-A.
There was an error on 1 of the nine transcripts I submitted to UT-A: One school erroneously showed UNC-Asheville as the source of my calculus credits - it was in fact Fayetteville State Univer (FSU). Though I had provided my FSU transcript and the explanation that this was an error (it showed erroneously on a transcript from a school I attended for only one semester for a course not available at my local CC), UT-A insisted on a revised transcript. When I provided the revised transcript, indicating FSU, and not UNC-A, UT-A then said that they needed a certificate from UNC-A stating that I never attended that school. I pointed out that I just provided a corrected transcript indicating precisely that but they said it wasn't acceptable. They said that I would also need to get something from UNC-A stating that I had never attended there - something that is clearly the case as indicated on the revised transcript I provided. Let's also not forget that we're talking about course that are not really germane to nursinng (in this case, calculus)
So I'm done with UT-A. I wish others who have applied the best of luck but I'm done dealing with them after more than 2 months of their bullsh*t. I now understand why folks ignore UT-A in favor of schools that are significantly more expensive: Their cr*p is really too much to effectively deal with.
- Apr 12, '11 by mtsteelhorseSo are you still planning on OU? These schools really p*$$ me off! I see why folks shell out a bit more to get somewhere!!! It's not cheap to have all those transcripts sent, application fees, etc. Geez, I hope you find the right match soon. This is beyond ridiculous. Good luck to you!
- Apr 13, '11 by chucksterQuote from mtsteelhorseActually, at this point, I'm seriously considering returning to one of my alma maters (Temple or Drexel). Both have on-line RN-BSN programs but are considerably more expensive than OU or UT-A. While either can be a bit of pain to deal with, neither is in the same class as the 2 schools I'm presently contending with. I'll bet that I've spent over 100 hours filling out applications, requesting transcripts writing e-mails and making phone calls (most of that time being on hold). "Beyond ridiculous" just about sums the situation up.So are you still planning on OU? These schools really p*$$ me off! I see why folks shell out a bit more to get somewhere!!! It's not cheap to have all those transcripts sent, application fees, etc. Geez, I hope you find the right match soon. This is beyond ridiculous. Good luck to you!
The really disappointing aspect of all of this is that I wanted to start with the summer session and it looks like that's no longer possible at any of these schools.
- Apr 13, '11 by mtsteelhorseChuckster, I am so sorry for all your troubles. Between you, me and the fence post you're right to move on. What a bunch of $H*T! I hope you can figure out a plan to get moving quickly. I recall Drexel is spendy??? Is that correct? I wish you didn't need the regional accreditation and I'd recommend going for the MSN I've applied to. There is NO extraneous bull. If Drexel costs the same as Univ of Phoenix and those other programs, I know you can get started lickety split with the private programs. Yes, they are for profit but MANY of the professors I see listed with various nursing programs as well as MANY MSN, FNP grads have UoP listed in their credentials. Anyhow, it's been a journey with OU I won't recommend to anyone. Let me know what you figure out. Indiana Univ at Wesleyan was VERY nice to deal with. Might be worth a call to them. It appears you attended school in NC??? I went to ECU and NCSU! Keep me posted...
- Apr 16, '11 by registeredin06have just received my transcript report and plan on starting at the May date. i have 117 credits that transferred, any idea how many prereqs I will have??? also, is there someplace online i can view all of the requirements???