Traveler with MSN? Traveler with MSN? | allnurses

Traveler with MSN?

  1. 0 Just wanted to find out if I can be a travel nurse with a Master's Degree. Are there stipulations as to what level of education one can have? Also would there be extra money offered for a traveler with as a CNS or APS?

    Thanks for the feedback.
  2. 4 Comments

  3. Visit  traumaRUs profile page
    #1 0
    Are you talking about travelling as an APN, locum tenens? Or...are you talking about travelling as a staff RN?
  4. Visit  LadyQT profile page
    #2 0
    I am inquiring about both. However, I'm not familiar with the term "locum tenens".
  5. Visit  strider1500 profile page
    #3 0
  6. Visit  suzanne4 profile page
    #4 0
    If you are wishing to take a staff nurse travel job, then there is no increase in pay for you. Only if you are going to work a job that requires the MSN for the CNS or the Nurse Prtactitioner role and then that has a whole other requirement for you such as going thru licensure with the additional credentialling needed. And this would be in a locums tenens type position.

    Same way that as a staff nurse/bedside nurse in a facility, you usually do not get additional pay for that; only when your responsibilities increase.