polling all experienced travel nursesRegister Today!
- by lisaleone1985 Aug 28, '12Hi there! I have been traveling with my family (husband and two small children) for about 6 months now. I have been to Pennsylvania and now currently in Maui. We went into this traveling this to try to get out of student loan debt before our children start school.
I would be so grateful if all the experienced travel nurses our there can tell me where they have made the most money (take home pay per week) and how much they made.
Pennsylvania: $900 per week
Hawaii: $650 per week
*we have the company find our housing, so we do not include that in our take home pay.
Thank you! We need to get out of debt!!!!
- Aug 28, '12 by Sage1111Northern California pays well. That is where I am now. While I do not care to share my personal negotiated numbers, I am currently being paid quite a bit more than you mentioned. It might depend on your specialty though. I am an OR nurse. Best of luck! Keep us posted.
- Aug 28, '12 by HollywoodDivaDefinitely Northern California pays well but cost of living is higher. Central California is not that bad either but then again that would depend on your specialty. I'm an OR nurse and I have no complaints as far as pay rate for Northern California.
- Aug 28, '12 by WanderlustGoddesssHow is it in MAui?
- Aug 29, '12 by Esme12HOw long have you been a nurse and what speciality do you have?
- Aug 29, '12 by HollywoodDiva10 years experience as an OR nurse.