Texas Tech BSN 2 Spring 2013 - Page 8Register Today!
- Sep 17, '12 by Jude19I finally have everything turned in for the appliation. Now the waiting game begins. Good luck everyone!
- Sep 17, '12 by Ladybug3Quote from ABSN hopefullyGood luck to u alsoI finally have everything turned in for the appliation. Now the waiting game begins. Good luck everyone!
- Sep 21, '12 by footballstarHey guys! Just an update. I made an 85 on the Teas which correlates to 96% nationally. I hope that helps with my low GPA. I still need to send in my resume, but I've completed everything else. Good luck to everyone! I've began my countdown as well!
- Sep 23, '12 by aldrummondQuote from MrSensitivityHi Mr. Sensitivity, congrats on getting in! Thank you for the awesome information. I submitted all of my stuff this past Friday and I have everything completed, so hopefully that will help. Good luck to you!Hi aldrummond. Yes it went well, thanks. The questions were pretty much what you would expect. Why nursing? Why Texas Tech and this hectic, intense, one year program? How do you handle stress? On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate your computer skills? Tell us about a crisis or conflict in your life and how you dealt with it. Do you have any questions of us? The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. The panel consisted of one man and two women. They were extremely nice and seemed to make an effort to make the applicant feel comfortable and at ease. Some of the applicants got different questions. I sense that the panel has a list of questions from which to choose, and they can taylor the choice of questions to individual applicants. Outside the interview room they had current students assembled in another room to answer questions you might have for them.
I received the acceptance about 5 business days later. The program coordinators are highly organized. Soon after confirming my intent, I received an email instructing me on Raider student web access and student email. From there a checklist was recieved and instructions on beginning all the other aspects for matriculation. It has been an impressive, fast moving process.
Have as many prerequisites completed as possible, including the CNA, before the interview. It's not mandatory, but I think it makes a difference. Be very thorough in the application process. I think about 1/3 of the applicants for my cohort didn't even get invited to the interview because of application or qualification issues.
Good luck and let me know if I can give you any other information.
- Sep 26, '12 by reod1216I took the TEAS yesterday and don't know what I made yet, but I've got everything else turned in. Glad to be finished with the applications and hoping the next month goes by fast!!
- Sep 26, '12 by MBRhornsHi, everyone! So glad I found this discussion. I just got confirmation today that my application packet is complete. Now just the waiting game. It's good to know that I'm not alone!
- Oct 1, '12 by MrSensitivityYou're welcome, aldrummond. Sounds like you're a shoe-in. Good luck to you!
- Oct 3, '12 by getthebsnHi, everyone! So glad I found this discussion. I just got confirmation today that my application packet is complete. Now just the waiting game. It's good to know that I'm not alone!
[COLOR=#000000]You are definitely not alone![/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]I'm in the waiting mode too. Checking email, pacing, studying for classes, check email again, pacing... I know it's only Oct. 3! Good luck![/COLOR]
- Oct 4, '12 by Ladybug3I have been absent from the forum. I had my second child last week. But I did get everything turned in on time.I wish everyone luck throughout the remainder of the process.