Texas Tech BSN 2 Spring 2013 - Page 3Register Today!
- Jul 17, '12 by MrSensitivityHi aldrummond. Yes it went well, thanks. The questions were pretty much what you would expect. Why nursing? Why Texas Tech and this hectic, intense, one year program? How do you handle stress? On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate your computer skills? Tell us about a crisis or conflict in your life and how you dealt with it. Do you have any questions of us? The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. The panel consisted of one man and two women. They were extremely nice and seemed to make an effort to make the applicant feel comfortable and at ease. Some of the applicants got different questions. I sense that the panel has a list of questions from which to choose, and they can taylor the choice of questions to individual applicants. Outside the interview room they had current students assembled in another room to answer questions you might have for them.
I received the acceptance about 5 business days later. The program coordinators are highly organized. Soon after confirming my intent, I received an email instructing me on Raider student web access and student email. From there a checklist was recieved and instructions on beginning all the other aspects for matriculation. It has been an impressive, fast moving process.
Have as many prerequisites completed as possible, including the CNA, before the interview. It's not mandatory, but I think it makes a difference. Be very thorough in the application process. I think about 1/3 of the applicants for my cohort didn't even get invited to the interview because of application or qualification issues.
Good luck and let me know if I can give you any other information.
- Jul 19, '12 by NoSweethrtOfTheRodeoI wouldn't necessarily say that the CNA requirement must be filled. Because I hadn't actually finished my CNA class when I had my interview. I was enrolled in one already though, it just hadn't met the start date. Also, I was asked the same questions as Mr. Sensitivity, except for the question about handling a conflict, in it's place, I was asked where I saw myself years down the road. My panel was three women, Marilyn and two other women. I personally worried myself to death over the interview when it wasn't really something to stress out SO much over. But, it went well and I was accepted, so hopefully things will work out for you in Austin.
- Jul 19, '12 by Ladybug3MrSensitivity congratulations on ur acceptance now u don't need to be a bartender.
- Jul 19, '12 by Ladybug3Nosweethrttotherodeo Congrats to u as well. Im glad u got accepted
- Jul 19, '12 by MrSensitivityThanks Ladybug,
Yea, disappointing. I just perfected a killer margarita recipe.
- Aug 8, '12 by Jude19I am applying for the 2013 Cohort in Austin. I have all my pre req's except for patho which i am taking this fall. I am very nervous that we won't find out if we get accepted until December!
- Aug 9, '12 by yejin0816Hello all
I am also applying to 2013 Spring program.
Only subject I need to take is Philosophy and taking it this fall.
I have not taken THEA yet but thinking to take it before this month is over.
I am so nervous about everythig.
Good luck everyone!
- Aug 13, '12 by reod1216Hi all --
Also applying for Austin 2013 and wanted to say hello. Hope everyone's application is going smoothly so far!
- Aug 17, '12 by SilverLoveHi everyone. I am new to this thread. I was wondering where everyone is from. I just recently found this program. I had looked into Tech's nursing programs, but hadn't seen this one. I am not familiar with how this online program works. I am originally from San Antonio, but live in DFW now. Is this program all online and then clinical experience at one of the Austin hospitals? sorry for all the questions but I am curious to know how it works. I would love to get my nursing degree from my alma mater.
- Aug 20, '12 by Ladybug3@SilverLove I am from Houston. When I called them they told me. Everything was online and clinicals is twice a week for 12 hours each. I hope that helps