Texas A&M Corpus Christi BSN ProgramRegister Today!
- by butterfly25 May 15, '11Hello everyone,
I have been accepted to Texas A&M Corpus Christi generic BSN program. I still have to take 2 pre-requisites to take in summer which is Pharm principles and Health Alterations. I would like to know more about this program, classes and school. Has anyone here attending in Fall 2011 or anyone who has been in this program. If yes, could you please give me a little information about this program?
- May 17, '11 by MochachildCongrats on your acceptance! I am considering applying to their eline program for Spring 2012. I don't know the structure of their classes/clinicals...sorry I'm not of help. Good luck and continued success!
- May 17, '11 by butterfly25Thank you so much. Good luck to you as well
Have you taken pharm & health alteration classes yet?
- May 17, '11 by MochachildYeah. I've taken both pharm and health assessment at UTA this past Spring semester. Pharm was the most challenging of the two for me. Will this be your 1st degree? Are you from the Corpus Christi area?
- May 18, '11 by butterfly25Yea I also think pharm will be hard. And no this will be my second degree. How about you?
- May 22, '11 by Mochachild2nd degree as well. I have a BBA in Marketing and I just graduated last December with my VN certificate.
- May 22, '11 by butterfly25Oh that's great. I think it's plus if you have a degree already to get in. Hopefully you will get in as well. I am hoping to do good in these two classes.
- May 31, '11 by jmf8756I have a question for anyone still needing Health Alterations (Patholphysiology) and Pharmacology for their pre requisites. Are these classes at TAMUCC entirely online or do they require any face to face time? Also, do you apply to TAMUCC and the College of Nursing for the same semester you plan to take these, or apply to TAMUCC to take the pre reqs and then apply for the College of Nursing the following semester?
- May 31, '11 by MochachildIf I'm not mistaken, you must gain admission to the university before you apply to the CON for any of their programs. That's the procedure for most universities.
- May 31, '11 by Mochachild@jmf8756
Also, depending on the program you're interested in, it's either online or in class...not both. Whenever you decide to apply for admission to the CON, the application is only good for that period. For example, if you are wanting to apply for Spring 2012 admittance, the CON application is only good for Spring 2012. You must resubmit for any subsequent application periods. As far as prereqs are concerned, you can take those anywhere- just make sure they are transferable.