TCC Spring 2013 Applicants - Page 4Register Today!
- Aug 10, '12 by PJE22Thank you!
- I applied for this fall with a 3.25 science GPA and a 91 on my hesi. I retook 2 of my sciences and now I'm applying with 3.75 GPA and 91 or hopefully higher when I retake the hesi. I am already nervous about getting in this time! I heard last semester was really competitive. Good luck everyone!
- Aug 10, '12 by PJE22@htaylor Good Luck to you!
How was the Hesi?
Is there anything in particular that you can suggest studying for?
- You should definitely study for vocab and math. They let you use a calculator in the math that's on screen like the accuplacer but mixed numbers and fractions you can't really use the calculator for. Not all vocab words are medical terminology but some are. Also some conversions like ounces to cups and pounds to kilograms were on there last time I took it. It's good to have a game plan when you go in. It's a long test and you get tired on the last section. My lowest score was on reading because I did it last and wanted to go to sleep! Lol
- Aug 10, '12 by KLP151Htaylor tnx for the hesi tips. I'm taking a prep
Course @ UTA right now & hoping that helps. I'm really nervous about the math. I'm applying with a 3.5 :-/ so i need a really good score on hesi to have a chance. And i'm not even sure that will be good enough. Good luck on your test!
- Aug 10, '12 by beck2331Htaylor thanks for the tips!!! Any other advice? I have bad test anxiety and am so worried about freezing up!
- The test isn't that bad. The hesi study book from tcc bookstore helps a lot.
- Aug 11, '12 by KLP151Htaylor i've heard mixed answers but when you took your hesi were you able to choose what subject to start with? And were any of the math fill in the blank instead of multiple choice?
- Aug 11, '12 by htaylorYes you can pick which section you want to start with and I don't think there was any fill in the blank questions on any section. I'm not positive but pretty sure.
- Aug 13, '12 by PJE22Hi all,
I'm hoping someone will be able to ease my mind. Like I said, I have a 4.0 in my sciences, but that is due to me retaking 3 of them.
I started school when I was 17 and withdrew from API. I retook it the next semester and received an A. I then was not happy with the grades that I received in Chem and APII, so I decided to retake those as well before applying (I know how competitive Tcc is) and received an A in those as well. I'm wondering if me retaking those classes will have a negative effect on my application. Maybe those who received an A the first time around will have an advantage over me? I read somewhere that it is taken into consideration when applying, although on the Tcc website it says the best of two attempts will be counted. Has anyone here retaken any of their sciences before applying? Or know someone who is already in the program who has? It's barely August, and I'm already stressing over the application process! Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.