San Antonio College Spring 2012 - Page 8Register Today!
- Dec 13, '11 by JonC84Got registered but not for the CRNs I was hoping for. Left home at 6:45 but hit every light and so much traffic coming down HWY 281. Line out the door when I finally made it in at 8:10. Grateful to be registered nonetheless! In for flex II with Saturday clinicals.
- Dec 13, '11 by nicole32I have Saturday Clinicals, with class on M,T night. I got all my first choice classes too. I got there a little late around 820 due to traffic, but I had everything picked out so I got out of there pretty quick. Cannot wait to start! I already bought my scrubs
- Jul 1, '12 by amandac7HI, I am planning on applying for fall 2013, and I have some questions for those of you who have gone through the process of applying. First off I was wondering if there are other programs around San Antonio that I should apply to, just incase I don't get in? Also, I have a 3.1 GPA at the moment, I still have to take chem, anatomy I & II, micro bio, ethics and psychology. The admissions counselor made it seem like I'd get in for sure as long as I maintained As and Bs, but for some reason I don't believe her because it seems like everyone I meet has a way higher GPA than me.
Any advice would be helpful. How was your application process?
- Jul 1, '12 by sduncan86Since you have so many classes to take, I would advise a BSN program. As students we're getting a lot of pressure from hospitals to get a Bachelors because they're trying to achieve magnet status. Several have even enacted hiring freezes for associates degree nurses. Acceptance into SAC might get much easier due to this but you will have to continue to a bridge program after graduating. There's UTHSCSA, UIW and Wayland offering the BSN in San Antonio and theres many online bridge programs. Good luck to you! It's a difficult journey but as long as you put in the effort, you will succeed.
- Aug 9, '12 by rg2007I currently am applying for the Spring 2013 semester- I have a 3.1 with all courses completed. Can someone advise if my GPA may affect me getting into the program?
- Sep 11, '12 by braecruz22Hi rg2007, did you apply for spring 2013? I did and im so nervous waiting for the results! Have you finished up your pre reqs?
- Sep 12, '12 by villacortezwhen is the application period for spring 2013?
- Sep 18, '12 by braecruz22I believe it started June 1st till August 31st.
- Dec 11, '12 by AlexmerI applied in the summer of 2012 for the spring 2013 classes. I hadnt recieved any emails but figured it was because i had not yet completed ethics. December 7th i got an email saying i was conditionally excepted. Does this mean as long as i get the packet and everything else turned in i will be accepted to the program? It says i will start in flex 2 semester. I hope this aint a dream!
- Dec 14, '12 by sunnysideusaCongratulations Alexmer!!! Yes, the conditional acceptance is an acceptance to the program with the only condition of it being that you must turn in a complete packet. Congrats again!