reciprocity from CA to TX

  1. hey guys!

    I just recently passed the NCLEX-RN exam I am now licensed at the state of California. I want to ask if there is a reciprocity of RNs from California to Texas. Please help me!
  2. Visit berna1126 profile page

    About berna1126

    Joined: Jul '08; Posts: 13; Likes: 2


  3. by   TheCommuter
    California is not part of the Nurse Licensure Compact. You will need to submit an application and pay a $200 fee to obtain a Texas license by endorsement.
  4. by   buenavidaRN
    I'm a little late, but I got my CA license (originally from TX) and I am assuming the process is the same from CA to TX as it is from TX to CA. Go through all the steps ... background check, fingerprints, nursys license verification, fee, application and if necessary proof of your CE's. Hopefully you got you license by now!
  5. by   berna1126
    @buenavidaRN: how long does it take to get the new license from the desired state?
  6. by   buenavidaRN
    berna1126: ahhh ... I haven't logged in for quite a while ... so, maybe you already found your answer, but in case you didn't ... It just depends on what state. For CA it's about 5 weeks, for Hawaii it's about 1 week, for WA it's about 3 weeks. Usually the state board site will give you an estimate and they are usually pretty accurate. Good luck.