Question about Endorsement

  1. Hi everyone!

    I have a question about applying by endorsement for TX RN licensure. I relocated to TX from New Mexico a few months ago. I am trying to get TX RN license. However, my license for New Mexico expired about a week ago. I tried renewing my NM license but was denied because I now reside in TX. My question is if I can still apply for TX license by endorsement even if my NM license expired....because I know one of the eligibilities for endorsement is that you need to hold a licensurefrom another state. Thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing from many of you! I am a little desperate because TX BON phone line seems to be always busy and email response did not answer my question. Thanks you!!
  2. Visit laughingal profile page

    About laughingal

    Joined: Dec '12; Posts: 2


  3. by   Esme12
    I hold a license in 2 states and live in one....that doesn't make sense.
  4. by   LadyRN10
    Yep, doesn't make sense. You can apply for a NM license even if you live in TX.
  5. by   laughingal
    I talked to several people at NM BON and because NM and TX are both compact states, I have to get license in the state I reside... That's what they said and would not renew my license so I just lost $93 for nothing!! I am so upset....=(

    So back to my question....will TX let me endorse my NM license that's lapsed....
    I am so frustrated........
  6. by   anaoj89
    NLC Requirements when MOVING

    -when a nurse moves from a compact state to a noncompact state to practice nursing, the compact state license is changed to a single-state license and the nurse will have to applyfor licensure by endorsemet in the new state of residency.

    -when a nurse declares a compact state as the primary state of residency, the nurse must apply for licensure by endorsement in the new state f residency.

    -when a nurse changes primary state of residency by moving from one compact state to another compact state, the nurse can practice on the former residency license for up to 30days. The nurse is required to apply for licensure by endorsement, pay any applicable fees and complete a declaration of primary state of residency in the new home state, whereby a new multistate license is issued and the former license is inactivated. Proof of residency may be required.

    -Licensure renewal cycles vary state to state. Nurses are required to promptly declare a new state of residency when they obtain a new driver's license, change where federal taxes are paid or register to vote and not wait for their license to lapse or expire in the prior home state.

    Best bet is, if you cant get a hold of either bon, call NCSBN and ask for advice because they know the NLC much better and they could help you more.
    Last edit by anaoj89 on Dec 13, '12