Lone Star Fall 2012 ADN Applicants - Page 34Register Today!
- May 6, '12 by StephalumpHmmm...I don't know! I guess if you take a few this summer then you could take a few next summer and be ready to go for early admittance after we're finished? I know what you mean about wanting to spend time with the kids...I have to take pharmacology and I still have statistics left to take for BSN admission, so I'm stuck taking both this summer. I could do statistics next summer, but I think my family and I are going to be desperate for a 100% break after 2 semesters of insanity.:-/It's a tough call, though.
- May 6, '12 by TxDiscoDivaQuote from kaliseferI'm finishing up nursing 2 now but I have to re-take Micro (I had unexpected surgery at the end of the semester in Micro last year and missed the last exam and the final) and I'm taking it at Cy-Fair this summer.Did your professors last name rhyme with "hair"? I heard he was fantastic, so I'm hoping that info is correct.I have already taken micro. I thought it was easy, but the practical were a bit challenging. I earned an A last summer at Cy-fair. I really enjoyed the instructor we had he was great at explaining things.
I am not sure if you want to enroll in a class during the 2nd six weeks, we begin school at the end of July or the first week of August and that might mess you up right before finals during the 2nd six week summer session. I am enrolled in govt I for the mini mester and govt II for the 1st summer session.
- May 6, '12 by TxDiscoDivaQuote from gmarksAs a mother who has raised 3 children I say spend the summer with your children and enjoy it before the insane schedule of Nursing 1 begins. :spin: You will not look back and say, "oh I wish I would have gone to school that summer" I promise you. Enjoy your little ones (or big while you can.ADVICE!!! I see that some of you are taking classes this summer to finish up before the program. I'm having BIG trouble deciding on what I should do... I have finished all required classes for my ADN at lonestar inwhich I start mont. in the fall, BUT I really would like to go for my BSN one day and the college has different colleges trying to get the ADNs to go straight for their BSN classes right after graduation. Heres the problem, I'm lacking now around 6 classes for the BSN program. Should I take some classes this summer so that I can finish them up before I start nursing class?
I have to pay for it out of pocket, and I have two beautiful children who I would love to spend the summer with before the craziness starts! If I do take some classes I would like to take a mini mester and I would have to start before the orientation. Please, any advice is greatly appreciated.
- May 6, '12 by CkfombyI am having the same issue! I am going to take Micro the first 6 weeks of summer and should take Pharm the second but I would hate to go all summer before the program starts. Tomball goes all summer while some schools have the summer off. I really want to take a family vacation while we can before the madness. At the same time I dont want to take pharm the first semester of nursing and add on more to the already intense studying. :/ Not sure what to do but leaning towards going to Florida!
- May 7, '12 by gmarksIm thinking im going to give n take. Im going to take one online class, n we r going to fl as well but bc I have family there n the internet is even at the beach. Lol I took pharm online n it was n easy a for me, but my friend just finished her first yr n is taking micro this summer. Its a hard choice.
- May 7, '12 by tlcarter99I'm having a dilemma and would like opinions.
I need to take Micro, but the schedules for Summer 2012 do not work with my work schedule. I’m trying to stay employed as long as possible before starting the program in the Fall. I can obviously take it in Summer 2013, as it is not needed until Fall 2013. I’m just worried about the what-ifs. Is that too late to get it done? What if something happens where I can’t complete Micro in the summer, then what?
Tomball and Cy-Fair seem to be the only campuses that I could MAKE work, but with major sacrifices. By that I mean, I’d have to rush to the campuses after work and hope for zero accidents along the way AND it is M, T, W & TH. Secondly, the class doesn’t end until 10:15 p.m. so with an hour drive home, wouldn’t be getting home until just before midnight.
There is a Saturday class in Fall 2012 that I can take. However, this is pretty much an all-day class and I am worried it would interfere with my study time for Nursing.
Take Micro in the Summer 2013, where I can focus 100% on it and have the remainder of the time to study and enjoy my kids.
- Tlcarter99- that's great you made it into north Harris! I am so exited for the program to start, do u know if there is already a Facebook page for north Harris admits? I made one called NH 2012 nursing admits, If you'd like to connect there.Also on your problem option 3 sounds like it defiantly Works best for you, I probly wouldn't go with option 3, micro is a pretty difficult class to add so much stress. King wood is where I took it, and I know you said the times weren't good but the professor is good there. Hopefully you decide on something that works!
- I ment I probly wouldn't go with option 1 not 3, my typing is terrible lol