I finished all my endorsement requirements. When do I get my permanent license?
- 0Oct 24, '12 by lsid16Hey everyone,
I'm a nurse from Illinois who relocated to Texas. I already have a temp nursing license for Texas. I finished all my endorsement requirements and the BON stated it would take ten days for everything to go through. That was a month ago. I'm still waiting on my permanent license. Has anyone had to wait this long?
- 0Oct 24, '12 by Futurenurse108Hello there!! Im in the same boat. Illinois BON has to be the worst ever! I moved from Illinois right after I graduated. I took my nclex in Michigan but I applied for an Illinois license. I figured it would be much easier to apply for Michigan by endorsement. BIG MISTAKE! Illinois is like the only state that does not use nursys. I took nclex 9/5/12..my name appeared on the Illinois website 9/24/12. I had apply for Michigan process ( application, fingerprints & license verification paper work) I mailed everything the day I took fingerprints which was 9/28/12. My name appeared on Michigan bon on 10/3/12 or the 4th but my license status read pending! So finally got a letter from Michigan on the 8th stating they are waiting for verification from Illinois. I called them and called them. My answer was always we are working on applicants whom applied on September 21so your looking at another 3weeks. I didn't give up I called once a week I would ask them which date of applicants are they on. They would give me an answer then he some times it was a she would say what is your license #. I believe I worried them so much they were tired of me calling....because the guy I talk to last week told me I had maybe two - three weeks! Well of course I woke and checked the Michigan bon ( my daily ritual) and to my surprise I have a #! I know exactly what your going through but at least you have a temp license. Michigan does not offer temp license any more! I will pray for you. Call them and harass them. If they don't ask for your info ask them can they check for you.
- 0Oct 24, '12 by CrunchRN8 1/2 years ago I was in the same boat. With 1 week left on my temp license i called, cried, begged, my husband even called, and they actually got it to me before i had to take time off.
If you work beyond the 30 day period they told me I would be working without a license in texas and in big trouble. Hope that is not the same for you.
- 0Oct 30, '12 by JazzyOneRNFutureNurse108 I have done the exact same thing that you did... I went to nursing school in Illinois relocated back to Michigan sat for the NCLEX here in Michigan on October 15 I received the application to apply for RN license on Oct 22, sent it via next day air along with the 50.00 application fee on the same day. Someone signed for it on Oct 23rd. I called IBON on the 24th they said its being processed and to call back next week. Tomorrow will be a week so I plan to call tomorrow to find out the status. I still do not have a license number I have been checking the idfpr license verification site and do not see my name. I applied for Michigan License by endorsement. I did the fingerprints paid the fee, sent in the application and a week later my name is posted on Michigan website as pending as well. I have applied to so many positions...praying I get into Karmanos, but the person in HR said that I need Michigan license first, but the nurse manager has not started interviewing for the position I applied for as of yet, so Im praying once she does everything will be posted the IL license & Michigan License. Illinois is very slow I have waited on hold for up to an hour trying to get a hold of someone to find out the status...Im just going to keep looking on the website until they give me a license number. Once that posts I will send off for the certification for license verification with the 20.00 and I plan to do that via express mail and Im going to send a self addressed stamped envelope just to help them along in the process.....Im so ready to start working as a nurse
- 0Oct 31, '12 by Futurenurse108JazzyoneRN I feel your pain. Keep checking Illinois for your # once it shows up on the website apply for michigan ! Your name will appear on Michigan in less than a week...but the status will read pending! Illinois takes forever to verify your license. I hope everything works out for you. Look at the time I have waited and you can guess how long yours will be. Don't give up call them every week. Call around 4 Michigan time. They answer quickly.
- 0Oct 31, '12 by JazzyOneRNI checked the IDFPR license verification this morning and my name was posted on the site. Im happy about that, so that took only a week even though I was still impatient. I plan to send off for the certification next day mail tomorrow. Futurenurse 108 yes I read where it took awhile before they verified your license...I hope it dont take long for me, but Im most definitely prepared for it.
- 0Nov 4, '12 by JazzyOneRNThats not bad at all, so all together it took about 3 weeks for you...Michigan received all my paperwork on Oct 19 and I was posted online as pending on Oct 25. I have been checking my status online and they still have not looked at my application. Im getting impatient again because I really really need a job. Thanks for the insight I will continue to keep you posted!