How to become a nurse practitioner with a business degree?
The main reason why I studied business because I honestly did not know what I want before. I graduated in 2013, but have been a stay at home mom since 2014, since then I realized that I want to be a nurse practitioner.
Is anyone in here had similar experience as mine? I would appreciate all your answers.
Well, first become a nurse. You will likely need to take prerequisite courses in science- that's a good place to start.
Look at the online links to local nursing programs
to get info. When you are ready to attend an info session (often required), or have identified specific questions, call for an appointment with a nursing advisor.
Go to an accelerated BSN program, work for a few years, then go back to school to get your NP (doctorate or masters) which can take anywhere from 3-5 years
1. Get your BSN and make good grades.
2. Pass the NCLEX (nurse licensing exam)
3. Work 2 yrs as a nurse in acute care OR find a school that does not require actual nursing experience for admission.
4. Attend NP school and graduate
5. Pass the advanced practice licensing exam for nurses
Must Read Topics