HCC Spring 2012-Houston Community College - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 17, '11 by rayneonmeOk I was wondering. Looked for it on hcc website but couldn't find it so taking it at lonestar.Last edit by rayneonme on Jul 17, '11
- Jul 17, '11 by rayneonmeOk I was wonde
- Jul 20, '11 by leinusHi, good luck to all of us!!!
- Jul 26, '11 by leinusHi,
I received a letter saying that I was selected to enroll in RNSG 1301. Does anyone have receive something yet? Does that mean I was selected to the nursing program?
- Jul 26, '11 by CHUNKY_MUNKEYI got the letter today too. Goodluck to everyone
- Jul 27, '11 by CHUNKY_MUNKEYQuote from leinusHi,
Do you know if I take RNSG 1301 and I pass it, am I going to start the program in Spring 2012?
From what I understand you have to pass RNSG 1301 and score 90% or above THEN start the program Spring 2012. So the letter is pretty much conditional admissions depending on how you do in RNSG 1301 Exam.
- Jul 28, '11 by MC93Hi! I just received my invitation to take pharmacology at HCC this fall and I have a question regarding some of the registration prequisites.
-Where do I have to go for the background check and drug test?
-HCC says your cpr certification must be from a "healthcare provider" cpr course. Which cpr course do I need to take? Do they accept regular cpr, or am I supposed to take ACLS before I stat pharmacology?
Any help you can offer would be DEEPLY appreciated!
To reply to others' posts:
-It is also my understanding that if we do well this Fall in pharmacology we will be admitted in Sping 2012
-I took the HESI at a prometric testing center 3 weeks ago and received my invitation to the course just two days ago, so they are still accepting HESI scores for now
-My best advice for the HESI is pray and study the HESI study guide you can buy from Amazon. I saw several test questions during my actual HESI exam that matched the practice questions in the study guide verbatim.
-I did not get to use a calculator, but I have heard that some testing centers allow this)
Also, a tip for anyone needing the immunizations: google "department of health Houston" because these locations offer the required immunizations for just $10 each if you have a student ID and do not have health insurance.
Good luck everyone! I am very excited!
- Jul 31, '11 by CHUNKY_MUNKEYAll our questions will be answered at the orientation. Yea there are probably a ton of folks who got selected for RSNG 1301, but there will be a selected few who actually score 90% or above on the Math exam. I've applied to several other schools just in case HCC doesn't work out.