Baylor fastbacc May 2013
- 0Jan 17, '13 by Aggie89Hi! I've been checking to see if anyone has posted about applying to Baylor's fastbacc program starting in may 2013, but have yet to see anything. I applied there and was wondering who else has applied. I have a few questions about the program.. I was curious if anyone knows if they are doing interviews this year and how many applicants they usually get from previous years. I received my degree evaluation recently for their program and I have a 3.73 pre-req GPA and for the HESI I made a 98% on the math and a 94% overall on the english. I'm really hoping my scores are good enough because Baylor is my first choice and despite how stressful it might be I would love to have my BSN in a year! If anyone else is applying or has gone through the program I would love to hear from you!Last edit by Aggie89 on Jan 17, '13
- 8,065 Visits
- 0Jan 23, '13 by Cupcakes321Hey Aggienurse89! I was searching as well for people who are in the same boat as me! I applied to Baylor fastbacc this year as well. My grades are not as good as yours though =/ my pre-req is at a 3.65 and overall HESI is a 90%. (From reading last year's threads, the applicant waitlist seemed to have started at a 3.6, but because they changed the deadline to Jan. it might have gotten more competitive)
I really hope I get in because Baylor is the only school I applied to for now! The advisor said they would be sending out notices by mail in February, I'm so scared!
If anyone was accepted previous years before, do you know if they send a letter or is it a big envelope telling you if you got accepted?
Good luck to all of us!
- 0Jan 25, '13 by Aggie89Hi cupcake! Nice to hear from you! Your gpa and hesi scores look really good! I know they accept around ~32 students but I wonder around how many applicants they get for the fastbacc?? Do you have any idea around when in February they are sending out notices? I have two friends who are applying with 3.8ish gpas but hopefully they aren’t all that competitive lol and one of them Baylor isn’t their first choice. I wasn’t anxious when I applied but now that it’s getting closer I’m starting to get nervous! I applied to a few other places but Baylor is my first choice! Fingers crossed hopefully we get back good news next month!
Blackrimmedglasses- Hi! No I have heard anything about an interview I was just double checking, good to know they don’t do that anymore. I received an email with the transcripts they received, my hesi scores, a degree evaluation, and that they got my application from T so I’m assuming my application is complete. Hope you don’t mind me asking what are your scores?
- 0Jan 26, '13 by blackrimmedglassesI have a 3.83 GPA and a 94 on HESI math and English with a 92 in chem and 88 in A&P. Have either of you looked into getting loans? I'm very nervous that I won't be able to get the money. I had a decent income last year and I did an online financial aid calculator today that told me I would be responsible for 18k a semester. I really hope that's not the case. I have no idea where I'd come up with that kind of money. I'm not working now so I hope I will be able to get loans. Do either of you know anyone who's done the program before?
- 0Jan 27, '13 by Aggie89Those are great scores! I have not looked into getting loans, but I am worried about the costs since it is our second degree. At least on the plus side since it is only a year we wouldn't have to worry about living costs etc for an additional year of a traditional program. As soon as I find out where/if I get accepted I'm going to start applying for scholarships/grants. I actually have a friend from high school who went through the program!
- 0Jan 28, '13 by Cupcakes321Hey girls!
@Aggie: I'm not sure how many people they accept now either for fastbacc but I think around that amt. too. T. emailed you herself on saying that she received your application? She didn't say when in feb. but I'm guessing either way we will receive a notice. So nerve wracking waiting!
- 0Jan 28, '13 by Cupcakes321@blackrimmedglasses, yea I think i read somewhere before too that they don't do interviews anymore unless its like step 2 into acceptance... Don't remember! I am planning to just see if I get accepted first but most likely will just take loans out! Esp. Like what Aggie said, we have a degree alrdy and financial aid for us will be close to none 😕
- 0Feb 7, '13 by smtpsI have a 3.3 overall GPA and a 3.8 science GPA. I have a 98% overall on the HESI and I'm terrified about getting in this May. I got into A&M and turned them down because I don't want to move away from Dallas, and then didn't get into UTA. I got on here because I was wondering if anyone had heard anything yet. It's heading towards Mid-February and still nothing yet!