Anybody hear anything from Parkland MICU or CPICU residencies yet?Register Today!
- by jomajoma Mar 28, '12Hi all! I just wanted to see if anyone was contacted from Parkland about their residencies yet. I applied earlier in March, and called yesterday and they said that my app was sent off to the hiring manager, and if I meet their qualifications, they will give me a call back. I am moving to Dallas because of my husbands transfer, and I have been applying like hell since I found out we were moving. I already got declined for so many jobs already. I have a BSN, an BS in Biochemistry AND an MS in Biomedical Science, AND have been working in clinical research since 2007, and still NOTHING!!
Im getting very frustrated. Can anyone share any tips on how they are getting through. Many thanks!
- Mar 29, '12 by jomajomaAnyone???
- Mar 29, '12 by DS33I applied there earlier this month but I still haven't heard anything from Parkland. I work for Texas Health. You should try there also. There are about 9 GN positions opened in the area through Texas Health. The residency program begins in July. Good Luck
- Mar 30, '12 by cmcervantesI've only heard back from the ER residency, so don't feel bad... I precept in the MICU there, and I still haven't even gotten a call back. I know a friend who got an interview and a job on the spot because she also precepts at Parkland and the nurse gave her a good recommendation to the MICU UM. My preceptor said she'd work on that. Sadly, a lot of it *is* who you know. I'm not sure if they have really started calling back on their own, yet...no one that I know has heard from them, yet... AND they just wrapped up the NIP and placed interns from last August. I think it's just a busy time for the UMs.Last edit by cmcervantes on Mar 30, '12
- Mar 30, '12 by jomajomaThanks...Since they only started interviewing for ER just now, then they probably did not get to the others yet...
- Mar 30, '12 by jomajomaHi DSS3. I was looking for the GN for Texas Health. How do I find these positions?
- Mar 30, '12 by cmcervantesThey've already closed, I think. They posted them early....Late Feb.
- Mar 31, '12 by jamie.glazejomjoma - MICU positions have begun filling from what I know, one of my classmates secured a residency there. She told us on the 20th that she had been awarded the position. I myself am still waiting to hear from L&D and they interviewed me on the 8th!
- Mar 31, '12 by jomajomaThanks! I have an interview for ER on the 10th. Funny thing is, I didnt even apply to the ER residency, but hey, I will take it!
- Apr 7, '12 by cmcervantesAny word from the ICUs yet?