Any Platt College Dallas Grads?Register Today!
- by dixon518 Jan 11, '10Thinking about attending the LVN program in Dallas. Wondering how it compares to DNI?
- Jan 14, '10 by TheCommuterMy former coworker, a medication aide at a nursing home, was attending Platt College's LVN program in Dallas. She said that the was paying approximately $28,000 in tuition for the program, so DNI might be slightly cheaper.
- Jan 24, '10 by pomegranatePlatt seemed pretty ghetto compared to DNI in my opinion...DNI charged 26k beginning in August/September, so it's probably up a bit by now.
- Feb 12, '10 by FoxxysI am a current Platt VN student, the tuition is $31,000 it's the most expensive school in the D/FW area...I believe that Concorde is the cheapest. Now, in my opinion if you are a new grad., it's best for you to attend your local community college!! These schools all have problems, you have to focused and determined!!! There WILL BE DRAMA, however that's everywhere you go!!! The turner over rates for instructors(including clinicals) is ridiculous, but that's nursing school- you have to be able to adapt to change at a moments notice(which is the nursing profession anyway)!!!! Now Platt is more established than DNI..its new to the Dallas area(5 years), but the main campus is in Tulsa which has been around since the 70"s I believe. Platt is hard, Im not gonna lie to you, when most of the area nursing schools require a 75 or better on all grades, Platt requires a 77!!! It may not seem like much but you would be surprised how hard achieving a 77 is on some of these assignments and Tests!! Some students have been terminated from the program for making a 76.9 in a course!! Now, I know DNI, has just been bought out by ATI, due to some type of Legal problems...as far as the Ghetto goes.....you just simply cant escape the ghettoness (LOL),.....it's a given in the healthcare field!!! Just as long as YOU remain professional, and remember why you made the choice you made...and thats to receive the tools you need to pass the NCLEX!!! Just pray on it...and weigh out ALLLL your options!! Good Luck
- Feb 13, '10 by blessed11Hello MrsQuick
I'm currently a Platt Student also, would like to talk to you about the problems I'm having. When you get time please reply back...
- Feb 13, '10 by FoxxysHello schoolmate,...whats your classification? We mite be classmates!!! LOl!!!
- Feb 14, '10 by blessed11I"m a freshman, and you?
- Feb 14, '10 by FoxxysOk, I bet I know u then, I'm a soph!!!! First initial S.
- Feb 14, '10 by blessed11How do you know me I don't know of any sophomores and especially someone who knows me by name so you have to be in my class besides aren't you guys Juniors now?
- Feb 14, '10 by FoxxysI was hypothetically saying as well as joking that I may know u!! I talk a few of ur classmates and help review them before their tests.
I won't be a junior until med surg II, which is in 2 weeks!!! Let me know if I can help out with anything, and I also meant my initial was S.