Vanderbilt Nurse Residency Program - Winter 2013 - Page 4Register Today!
- Sep 24, '12 by RN_MASSHi everyone, this is my first post on All Nurses, but I read a lot of their threads. I applied to the VUMC nurse residency program and received an email today to set up an interview. I applied for the Peds track. I live in Massachusetts. I understand where you are all coming from- the job market is awful, and the competition is fierce. I have (luckily) been on 4 interviews since graduation in May, but was not chosen for two of the positions, and am still waiting to hear back from the other two. One of the opportunities I interviewed for, they were interviewing 50 candidates for 5 spots. Its tough out there! Good luck!
- Sep 24, '12 by lleatherberyHi everyone, I got an email today about scheduling an interview for the ED track. I live in Colorado and really would like to do the skype interview; however, in the email it says there preference is on-site interview. So I sort of feel like by doing the skype thing, it already puts you at a disadvantage. So I am planning I think on flying. What are the rest of you doing that have been offered an interview?
- Sep 24, '12 by lleatherberyI heard that they make there decisions beginning of December, but like I said I HEARD that. Not sure if it is legit or not
- Sep 24, '12 by nycrn03Hi everyone, its my first time posting. Congrats to everyone who got an interview! I will be interviewing for the ED track. Anyone else out there for ED?
- Sep 24, '12 by LaurenJonesRNI am planning on flying down for my interview. I'm hoping to have something scheduled for the second week of October, but we'll see how that works out.
- Sep 24, '12 by cwillmonWell, I don't know what to think about being on the wait list for peds. I thought for sure that I would at least get an interview.
I graduated in April, with my BSN from MI, and recently moved to TN. My dream job is to work with children with cystic fibrosis and other pulmonary issues. I guess that I will start sending my resume to specific contacts at Vanderbilt and be optimistic that I will land a career.
- Sep 25, '12 by alymoore87where did you graduate from? was it an accelerated program?
- Sep 25, '12 by jlh386Hi All! Congrats to all that have recieved interviews. I am interviewing for the womens health track! Anyone else? Good luck to y'all!
- Sep 25, '12 by LMG RNHi everyone!
I got an interview for the Adult Med/Surg track. Im so excited! Im coming from San Francisco but Im going to fly to Nashville mid October. Hopefully it goes well!
- Sep 25, '12 by lleatherberyI got an interview for the ED track and will be flying out there mid October. I'm super excited; however, at the same time I know I will be sad to leave CO if I get it and the hospital I work at now, but I know it would be worth it. Anyways, to answer a former post I graduated from Colorado State University- Pueblo in the accelerated nursing program.