Union University ABSN FAll 2013 - page 9
by soon2bnurseV 28,102 Views | 193 Comments
Hello All, I was just wandering is there anyone else out there applying for the Fall 2013 Cohort at Union University Germantown Campus.... Read More
- 0Feb 5, '13 by combsj25Quote from amysclayI would think you should expect 6-8 (or up to 10) weeks to hear. It was 9 weeks exactly for me to hear regarding the Hendersonville program. Also, I know the Spring Semester for Hendersonville it took 7 weeks.Any idea when Feb 1st applicants for Germantown will hear? How long does that usually take?
Be patient and Best Wishes to you!!
- 0Feb 5, '13 by Kellym0useHi Combs,
Yeah I applied for the December 1st deadline. That's good to know about the TEAS and interview- thank you for that information. I am from Colorado but I am currently traveling/volunteering through South America. I have been applying to nursing programs down here. My internet is great where I am at for the next week or so, which is why I hope to hear something soon! Have you heard of anyone else getting accepted? I have already finished all the pre-reqs, so I am just waiting to hear the decision. Yikes. But, if I get in I would love to keep in touch. Where are you from?
- 0Feb 5, '13 by combsj25Kelly, hey. I haven't heard from anyone else regarding decisions, but at the same time I don't really know anyone applying. What is your GPA for the past 60 hours if you don't mind me asking? I will keep my fingers crossed for you to hear great news this week. Where else did you apply?
My email stated that I had to provide verbal commitment by Feb. 8 and a non refundable deposit to confirm my spot by March 1. So I really think you will hear soon!
Where are you from in Colorado? I live in Franklin, TN currently, but from Columbus, Ohio. However I moved here last year from Denver. I loved loved loved it out there and miss it often, but my family is here so wanting to make Nashville home. I also applied to Belmont which I am supposed to hear from by the end of this month, but I am leaning toward Union right now. I will likely move up to Hendersonville.
- 0Feb 13, '13 by wishfulrn2beHi, I also applied to the ABSN Germantown campus on Feb. 1. No word yet. Would any of you ladies that have been accepted to one of the campuses please share your GPA for the last 60 hours of coursework.... I am a little nervous that my GPA did not measure up. Especially after hearing of Tinker88's acceptance only 8 days after applying.
Congrats to you, Tinker88!!!
- 0Feb 13, '13 by combsj25Hey Wishful.
My GPA for the last 60 hours is 3.78 I think.
But I know the feeling of being questionable. The way Union calculated GPA made it truly awesome for me as I have only a 3.03 cum undergrad. However, I have my Master's Degree where I earned a 3.97. (which was 48 credit hours).
Some schools I applied to would consider Grad and Undergrad combined giving me a 3.3 - still below competitive, but at least giving me hope.
Other schools consider Undergrad only 3.03 gave me very little hope at all.
And because UU only considered the past 60 hours, Graduate studies included I had a 3.78 so I felt most confident about UU.
Anyways, don't forget your GPA is important, but it isn't the only thing. Essay and Recommendations count too.
Good Luck to you.
- 0Feb 13, '13 by Tinker88Combs said it right! its not all about gpa! You should hear from them in the next week or so if you applied by Feb. 1st. Try to RELAX and know that they will contact you about your application soon. They are going through a lot of applications. Have they called you or emailed you? Did you also send the supplemental application via mail? My gpa is a 3.8 from the last 60 hours. My science is 3.1. Good luck and bless youLast edit by Tinker88 on Feb 13, '13