Tennessee RN's...HELP!!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Tennessee RN's...HELP!!! in Tennessee Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I am a current nursing student in Alabama and will be moving to TN in the summer. I received my...by rdlanders Feb 12I am a current nursing student in Alabama and will be moving to TN in the summer. I received my license application from the TN state board last week, but was wondering if anyone knew if they gave a temporary license to new grads. I tried to look on the state website but couldn't really get an answer about a temp license for a new grad. Also, if anyone has any advice about when I should expect for the license process to be completed (so I can start working) I would be forever grateful!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=815166©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 951 Views
- Feb 12 by serenitylove14Call the state board of nursing tommorrow regarding the issue. Thats all the info I can give you sorry. But they are pretty good about answering the phone whenever I have called.
- Feb 15 by MeriwhenMoving to the TN Nursing Forum for more targeted responses. Best of luck!
- Mar 14 by Ash81386Did you ever get your questions answered? Because I'm wondering the same thing now! I have lived in TN all of my life but went to nursing school in AR. Well, now it's time to go back to TN, and Im having a hard time figuring out how to apply for RN Licensure! I challenged my LPN Boards after junior year, so I know how to apply in AR. The TN Website is not very helpful. I'm wondering if I should just get my AR license since they are compact states. So Anyways, what did you ever figure out?
- Mar 17 by dee78TN does not offer temp license for new grads.
- May 18 by mk3rnI just graduated in another state and will be able to start work as a grad nurse in Tn prior to licensure. My employer just needed a transcript and copy of my diploma. I should probably mention that my pay isn't very good until I'm licensed, though...
The state BON doesn't make application easy...you have to call to request a packet. I sent my stuff in last week and am now just waiting on my ATT.