MTSU NURSING (books) QUESTIONRegister Today!
- by Mr.FutureDNP23 Mar 10Hey, for those of you in the nursing program at mtsu, is that Health Assessment video really necessary? It's like 150 bucks, and I don't want to buy something if I can get by without it...
If you have any advice about what to or not to buy I'd be greatful.
- Mar 10 by serenitylove14I feel like at some point you use it, and maybe you have a quiz or something on it, but I felt it was an unnecessary expense. I found alot of videos on my evolve. Plus I want to say you maybe able to watch some videos in the computer lab. But that was in 2010/2009 ish. I dont no who the teacher is now or if she has changed the format.
Also. Doesnt it come included with the book?Last edit by serenitylove14 on Mar 10
- Mar 10 by Mr.FutureDNP23Could be wrong but I don't think it was included. I'm just gonna wait to see what the teacher has to say about it.
- Mar 10 by serenitylove14Whatever you do do not get rid of any of your books. You will use alot of them again for clinicals and careplans. In health assessment you will do some care plans and the teachers wont give you anything to go buy to know what it is suppose to or not suppose to look like. Go on to the evolve website. Download the books material. There are videos/ audio that go over portions of an assessment and I used that to guide me! It was a total lifesaver and saved me alot of time!
- Mar 10 by ama3tI sell most my books. The Med Surg ones are worth keeping, and the skills books from fundamentals. But honestly even those it depends on the person cause I haven't opened an old text book once. Maybe the care plan one, but you can find tons of care plans online.
- Mar 11 by Mr.FutureDNP23I have to ask...is parking ever a big deal for the nursing students? Last time I was there, I had to have walked at least 5 miles going from building to building. And it was soooo cold too!
- Mar 11 by serenitylove14Quote from Mr.DNP23Yes it is. They took away the parking lot we usually parked in. I use to park behind the agri building. Its not next to the building but closer than most parking lots and always has spots open.I have to ask...is parking ever a big deal for the nursing students? Last time I was there, I had to have walked at least 5 miles going from building to building. And it was soooo cold too!
- Mar 15 by Mr.FutureDNP23Can you tell me how clinical pharmacology was? for some reason, I'm looking forward to that class.
- Mar 15 by serenitylove14It depends on your teacher. The teacher I had I dont believe she is there anymore, but she was a great teacher and taught us exactly what we needed to know and didnt try to trip us up. So it was a pretty ok class. Not too hard not too easy.