- 0Jan 11, '13 by readyforachangenowDoes anyone know of a microbiology class that I could take online that would be accepted into a nursing program in the middle Tennessee area?
- 0Jan 27, '13 by combsj25I also took Micro online, RODP via Columbia State Community College. (Your home school can be nearly any college, university or community college in TN). I found it to be one of the hardest classes I have ever taken. Hindsight being 20-20 I wish I would have taken a traditional class (NOT online) I worked really hard at it, and ended up with an 88%, despite my best efforts for an A. I was taking Lifespan Development (easy) and AP 1 (also hard, but earned an A) at the same time.
It can be done online. But my advice would be to take a land course if you can - or at least don't overload your semester if you need to take it online.
HTH and Good Luck
- 0Jan 27, '13 by combsj25Oh and as for schools accepting it - you will need to check specifically everywhere you plan to apply. Most schools will accept online classes, but not all.
For example, Belmont will not! Vanderbilt MSN prefers it being taken at a 4 year school as opposed to a community college, but will accept online. To put it simply it will vary by program.
- 0Jan 27, '13 by readyforachangenowThanks for yalls help. I'm planning to take it on campus if possible. I'm not sure how possible it is with my full time job. I'm just considering my options basically. I'm pretty sure motlow takes it I'm not sure about mtsu or cumberland. I'm going to call to find out, I'm trying to plan ahead.
- 0Jan 28, '13 by bdb1550I also took Micro at Motlow. I would suggest taking it on campus if you are really striving for an A. A lot of people really struggle taking it on campus so I couldn't imagine having to take it online. I'm sure it can be done but I think on campus is a better choice. And I have taken a lot of RODP classes and I have transfered to MTSU and Cumberland University and all my classes have transfered.