Calling all Southwest Tennessee Community College 2012 Fall Hopefuls - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 3, '12 by SheriWoodHey nikkih901 my acct wont allow me to send pm's until i have like 15 posts or something but anyways I truly do appreciate the advice. Ppl got acceptance letters to Memphis (u of m) this week, wish SWTCC moved as quickly as they did lol
- Mar 6, '12 by futureRNMenaSoooo, I called to verify that my app was received, as I have yet to receive an acknowledgement letter. Admissions tells me it was sent out on Jan 30.....REALLY? I asked if it was sent to the address on the app or the one in the system...She said the system ...which was wrong..i moved in January. By this point I'm near tears and stressed. I worked too hard to wait another year!!!!! I asked to speak with any one who may know what my letter said or if my packet was complete, I was transfered to Ms ****, in "Allied Health Admissions", who didn't answer. When I asked for the extension so I could call back later, the admissions lady refused, Flat out said I was not allowed to have her number!!!!!!!! So I calmly replied I would call back.
3 hours later I Finally get thru to the elusive Miss Shaw who proudly proclaims I have a right to speak with her and gave me her direct number. She also said my rank was "very good":redpinkhe, the committee will meet next Monday!!!!! and I could give her number to anyone who had questions!!!! Message me for the digits! and It may take a while for her answering machine to pick up so WAIT. She returns all messages timely and seems to take pride in her job.Last edit by tnbutterfly on Mar 6, '12 : Reason: Please do not post names of school employees
- Mar 6, '12 by Dawn2012How exciting to know they will meet next week. So happy your rank is " very good" what is your index score or a range of what could be considered "very good". Might put some of the rest of our minds at ease.
- Mar 6, '12 by futureRNMenaMy index is 60.69.
- Mar 11, '12 by codyandmollymomHello hopefuls, I to am waiting. I applied for the Spring class but was rejected because SW lost a transcript...(although, they had the receipt they had received it,) which made me ineligible for college-level math...the lost transcript had four higher ed math classes on it! Ms. S---w, was very helpful to me...but the nursing school absolutely refused to consider me....since material that SW officially accepted was not in the committee's hands on time! Go figure. This waiting game is awlful. I also applied to Baptist last year and was accepted, but it is too expensive for our family at this time. Anyone out there got a great-game-plan to pay? Good luck to each of you. CodyandMollymom...
- Mar 19, '12 by tres1208I got a rejection letter Saturday for this Fall. Reason given was they didn't have all college transcripts. This is confusing as I applied last year for the Spring and was rejected due to my index and not transcripts. Was I supposed to have all of my transcripts resent to Southwest to reapply? This is a HUGE bummer. I am in a crappy job holding pattern until I can get this show on the road
- Mar 19, '12 by SheriWoodQuote from tres1208Sorry to hear that tres1208. I thought they mailed everyone letters last month to acknowledge that they had or had not received all of your info. Did you get one? If not maybe you can dispute that...??? What was your index this time if you don't mind me asking? Has anyone else heard anything?I got a rejection letter Saturday for this Fall. Reason given was they didn't have all college transcripts. This is confusing as I applied last year for the Spring and was rejected due to my index and not transcripts. Was I supposed to have all of my transcripts resent to Southwest to reapply? This is a HUGE bummer. I am in a crappy job holding pattern until I can get this show on the road
- Mar 19, '12 by aaanders2020I am applying to baptist as well i was curious what your gpa was to figure out my chances. i was rejected from southwest in the spring so i have to go to baptist so I can continue working.
- Mar 21, '12 by tres1208Turns out it was an error. I am in
- Mar 21, '12 by aaanders2020Did I get a call or did u just call and ask what's up?