TEAS test score
- 0Dec 13, '11 by MC32I took the test today and I'm not completely sure if what I made on it is good or bad..can someone help me out?
Adjusted Individual Total Score: 75.3%
Percentile Rank - National: 79
Percentile Rank - Program: 63
Mean - Program 70.6%
Mean - National 64.3%
and then in the reading I made an 85.7%, math 56.7%, science 79.2%, and english 76.7%
if anyone knows if this is good or bad or where i should improve, please let me know!
- 0Jan 5, '12 by DarkLotusI'm sorry but I do not know if that is good or not. However I am wondering which 'percent' schools use for admissions is it the adjusted individual total score or the percentile rank score? If it is percentile rank score is it national or program?
Gee I was no help at all but your question got me thinking of some questions of my own. Thanks!
Also I would check with the school you are applying to too see if it is good or not. I know some of the community colleges I'm planning on applying to just need a minimum score but others award points based on score. Good Luck!
- 0Jan 5, '12 by BandTo be honest, the score isn't going to be accepted in some programs, but I am sure some programs accept the score.. It was a harder test than the Teas 4, so you might have done okay.
My school accepted students based on the highest TEAS V scores on applicants to get seats, when I called a couple of other programs, they answered at least a 75% was a good score for them. My score was around 80's I don't remember exactly
Some schools look at GPA too, mine didn't. Taking a math course may help a llot
- 0Jan 6, '12 by NikkiliciousYour overall score was 75.3%. That would be your score on the test, and what you use to apply to school
The percentile rank (79) means that if you were in a room with 100 students who took the test, you did better than 79 of them.
The national mean (average) is only a 64.3%, so you did score higher than the national average, which is great! I don't know what your school's requirements are, so I can't say if it's good enough.... I know the program I am applying for says that 74% is the minimum to even apply, but most students have scores in the 80s and 90s.
- 0Jan 15, '13 by MRubeyI just took the test last week.
My school administered the test so we were interviewed and given our scores at that time.
They require at least a 70% on each section.
I did very well on the reading part and just snuck by on the math, in fact I didn't even finish it.
I found it much more difficult than the study materials but.....
I spent a lot of time working through details of complex problems that had I seen the larger patterns that were there I would have seen the answer immediately. There is more than one like that so be aware.