Should I retake the Teas?Register Today!
- by pawprints May 9, '11Hi,
I took the Teas today and scored 87.3% overall. I was really hoping to break 90%, but the science section completely threw me. My school bases admission on a point system, where the teas is 150 out of 250 possible points. The rest of the points are made up from grades in Anatomy 1 and 2 and Microbiology. I currently have 170 points and can add up to a possible 60 points from grades this summer. I apply in September for next spring. I really hope to get in on the first try and have always heard it's very competitive, but I am tight on money. Should I retake or accept this score? My printout said the national average is 63% and program average is 64%.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=563277©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 728 Views
- May 9, '11 by SMOKEY2112I honestly think your score is awesome!!! You did WAY WAY better than me!! If I got your score.. I wouldn't take it over.. but that's me! Congrats on your score though!
- May 9, '11 by pawprintsThanks =) I'm so nervous about applying. This is my second "try" at college (wasn't focused when I entered out of high school), and I just want to make sure my chances of getting in are high because I have my mind and heart set on this now.
- May 9, '11 by SMOKEY2112Quote from pawprintsI completely understand....I went to college right outta high school and being away from my p's was the only thing I was focused on! Good luck hon! I'm sure you'll do just fine!Thanks =) I'm so nervous about applying. This is my second "try" at college (wasn't focused when I entered out of high school), and I just want to make sure my chances of getting in are high because I have my mind and heart set on this now.
- May 10, '11 by jesskiddingI think that's a great score! I would stick with that one. I made a 81.2 and got into my program. You should be proud of that score!
- Nov 3, '11 by Michelle1985Hey Jesskidding-
Congrats on getting into your program. I just took the TEAS V and got an 81% I know the nursing programs are getting more and more impacted each year. Do you suggest I retake it? I want to make sure that the TEAS is not a reason I did not get in somewhere if you know what I mean...
- Nov 3, '11 by NellieOlsenWow, I agree. That's a great score!
- Aug 23, '12 by wouldmakeagreatnursewow 87? Iwould be happy with that but .... i'm not sure what your program expects. i'm hoping i do that good when i take it again....
- Aug 23, '12 by zoe92I got an 81.3% and am not retaking it. It costs a lot to take it and my program requires a 70% so I am happy about it. An 87 is awesome!!