TJU or UPennRegister Today!
- by bloomRN Oct 5, '11So, I have been accpeted to Thomas Jefferson University and the University of Pennsylvania for CRNA school! Now, the challenge of deciding which program is the best for me and my family...I was wondering if there are students from either program who would be willing to answer a few questions.
-Is TJU really 30 months or is it more like 33-34 when you add breaks between semesters?
-Is UPenn really 24 months or is it more like 26-27 when you add breaks between semesters?
-What type of clinical experience have you had? For example, how many blocks, central lines, etc. have you been able to do?
-Are you guaranteed specialty clinical rotations (Peds, OB, Cardiac, Regional Anesthesia...)?
-How are the classes, do you feel that they are full of a lot of fluff (busy work) that does not apply to anesthesia?
-Finally, if you feel that your program is better than the other, why?
I appreciate any feedback regarding either of these programs. I want to make the best and most informed decision possible. I have a wife and two little boys who are counting on me, and I am realistic enough to understand that this decision will effect them just as much as it does me. Thanks in advance for your help!
- 1,859 Views
- Oct 6, '11 by yankeesrnI dont know much about those programs, but I do know that UPenn is around 120,000 for the program wich is twice most programs.
- Oct 7, '11 by ckh23Quote from yankeesrnThat's insane. Thank god Villanova is less than half of that. I can't imagine what that monthly student loan payment is after school.I dont know much about those programs, but I do know that UPenn is around 120,000 for the program wich is twice most programs.
- Oct 12, '11 by CPT_CharliosUpenn tuition isnt 120,000 but tju is significantly less expensive
Cost of Tuition: $72,596
*Fees and expenses: $3,000
Grand Total: $75,596
Cost of Tuition: $36,400
*Fees and expenses: $2,000
Grand Total: $38,400
http://www.all-crna-schools.com/jeff...f-nursing.htmlLast edit by CPT_Charlios on Oct 12, '11
- Oct 13, '11 by bloomRNI actually called the financial aid/billing office for both schools, and the actual cost of attendance (including all fees, etc.) for the duration of the CRNA program might surprise most of you:
UPenn = $105,941
TJU = $98,699
That's a differnce of only $7,242! I noticed that a lot of non-school afiliated websites have very inaccurate information when it comes to tuition/cost of attendance. The best place to get that information is directly from the school itself.
- Oct 13, '11 by bloomRNSorry, allow me to correct my previous post from earlier today. I forgot that UPENN allows you to transfer two classes in from other institutions (as long as the curriculum is approved in advance). So, my previous figuring did not include the cost of those two classes (because I will take them from another school that is more affordable). With that said, the actual difference is $16,376.