Our lady of Lourdes anesthesia program - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 6, '12 by Ms. B, CCRN-CMC-CSCThanks Mr.e01!! I'm on the ball!! Although I know I have plenty of time, I want to be well prepared from now so I'm working on it and making great progress so far!! I've been studying hard. I've also typed out interview questions that I know I will be asked as well as questions I could potentially be asked and took time to truly think about my answers, and typed them out as well. Maybe around 50 or so. Once I'm all done with that, I will print them and practice interviewing on my own daily along with my fiance to make sure I am delivering smooth and concise answers while at the same time displaying good body language, maintaining eye contact etc. I will practice my questions and answers until 100% comfortable in delivering my responses. So when September rolls around, I'll be more than ready, confident, and not nervous. By starting early, I'll be confident in answering any question they throw at me whether it be a personal question, anesthesia question, or clinical question. I'm going shopping for a suit soon. I'll be in the area from the night before because I live 2 hours away in NY and want to be very refreshed/relaxed before my interview. I can't wait!! Thanks for your advice and for respodning so quickly!! Good luck to you as well!! Hope you hear some good news soon!!
- Aug 6, '12 by mr.e01No problem.. You sound very ready and prepared. I am impressed and sure you will do just fine. Remember, just let them know this is what you want to do and where you want to be. With your preparation and confidence, it will be cake . Keep positive and utilize your fiance's help as much as possible. But always keep in mind, it is very competitive and there will be very competitive applicants interviewing as well. I will be starting the program in April 2013 .. good luck, keep us updated
- Aug 6, '12 by Ms. B, CCRN-CMC-CSCFirst and foremost CONGRATULATIONS on your acceptance to OLLMC!!! I know you must be extremely ecstatic and excited and I am happy for you!! I know you worked very hard at this and this is the end result. Way to go man!!! I really appreciate your words of wisdom and support Mr.e01!! You are truly an inspiration. I know the competition is fierce out there with everyone being so highly qualified and I'm doing my best to make sure I stand out and not given them any solid reason to reject me. I will continue to persevere, work hard at this, and pray even harder. Thanks again and I will surely keep you posted on how everything goes next month. As for you.......CELEBRATION TIME!!!
- Aug 7, '12 by mr.e01Thanks Ms. B, I do appreciate it. Just stay focused and confident that you will do well. I will be starting my MSN courses in September so it will decrease my workload later. No matter what happens, just be proud you got to this level, and let your determination take you to the next step. This is only the first step in my CRNA career, as I want to go for more after graduating, but definitely this is the biggest step. I will also be relocating from NYC/NJ area to South Jersey for the program. Thanks again for the congrats..soon you will be in my spot as well.
- Aug 10, '12 by kenmartinsI'm currently a student at OLOL. Just be yourself at the Interview. Try not to look so scripted and Please never say you've ALWAYS wanted to be a CRNA as it couldn't be further away from the truth.
It is a great program and I've so far enjoyed my clinical rotations. Good Luck.
- Sep 3, '12 by Ms. B, CCRN-CMC-CSCWell, time is winding down and the date is drawing nearer now that we are in September. I am feeling great about it and I am super excited!!! I am just so happy that I have had ample time to prepare myself extensively with regards to interview questions and studying material. I can truly say that I am ready. You are right Mr.e01, I am ecstatic to have even gotten this far in the process. That in itself is a blessing. It is extremely wise of you to take MSN courses prior to starting the program...very smart move. I admire you for wanting to further your education after becoming a CRNA. That is excellent!! You are a success story and I thank you again for your words of encouragement. I am looking forward to being in your position very soon!!
- Sep 3, '12 by Ms. B, CCRN-CMC-CSCHello Kenmartins!! Thank you so much for replying. I am glad to receive input from a current student in the program. I have been practicing with my mom, fiance, and by myself for several weeks and feel very comfortable and confident in all of my responses. I am always sure to always come across as genuine, sincere, and myself when I practice. That is the most important thing. Every time I practice, I act as if it is the real deal and it has helped greatly. I definitely will not come across as scripted or robotic for sure and I don't when I practice. I just wanted to truly think through each question thoroughly and take the time to explore how I truly feel and how I will respond. I am happy that I've had the time to give tremendous thought to all of the definite questions and possible questions that I will be asked. I would hate to be asked a question that I should've explored and given thought to on my own and be caught off gaurd. I hate that feeling lol. I am happy to know that you're are enjoying your clinical rotations so far and to hear positive feedback about the program. Another success story!! Thanks again for replying and for the words of wisdom!!
- Sep 10, '12 by mr.e01You will do great. I just know it. Just stay relaxed and confident. Good Luck and keep us updated
- Oct 2, '12 by Ms. B, CCRN-CMC-CSCHello Mr.E01!! How are you? I just wanted to update you on my progress with OLLMC. The wait is finally over and I am proud to say that we will be classmates!! I received my acceptance letter yesterday and I am truly ecstatic and overjoyed!! I just got back from celebrating not too long ago and have more to arrange. The wait was the hardest part of the process for me but the extreme happiness that I feel made it all worthwhile. The interview was a success and went very well!! I had a really good feeling about it once I left. Talk about overprepared lol I didn't have to do half of what I did but nevertheless I am glad that I gave it 110% and my all. I have no regrets and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. It was all worth it. The exam wasn't that bad at all. I had great vibes about the program and everyone there. Everyone was so nice, supportive, and helpful. I can't wait to start in April 2013!! I want to start taking classes from now as well to lessen my workload once the program begins and will arrange that this week. I just wanted to thank you once more for all of your words of encouragement and continued support throughout this entire process!! I can't wait to meet you next year!!
- Oct 2, '12 by mr.e01Awesome!!! Congrats.. so happy for you.. you worked hard and it showed.. you deserve to celebrate! Its such a great feeling and I know exactly how you feel...again congrats.. i had no doubts you would get in..
How many people interviewed? How long was the interview? Do you know if anyone else was accepted? The staff there is really supportive and great..which is very important and definitely helped me make the decision to attend at OLLMC.
I am currently taking informatics and health policy online.. its good...a lot of work, but handleable.. winding down at work, and focusing more on my education and getting as many as these credits knocked out as I can online before clinicals start.
Looking forward.. and definitely keep in touch..cannot wait to be future crna's together.