Millikin/Decatur CRNA Program
- 0Dec 18, '10 by love-d-ORHey guys,
Any graduates or applicants to this program? There is virtually no information about this program on the boards...
- 0Dec 19, '10 by cdwcobra95I am actually going to be attending Millikin's MENP program for an MSN starting 2011. My long term goal is to apply for a CRNA program down the road. I was excited to see Millikin is getting this CRNA program. I believe the first cohort of students for this program will be starting in 2011. They have a program layout on their website. I know that they are tenatively planning on switching the program to the DNP level in 2014 or 2015. As far as the school goes, i have heard nothing but good things about their nursing programs in general. Everyone i have spoke with in the medical community holds Millikin in high esteem. Are you going to be applying soon?
- 0Dec 20, '10 by love-d-ORI did, two days before the deadline so I hope they received it on time. Information on the program is very thin, no one seems to comment or know much. I understand it was being run with Bradley University... Thanks for answering, hope some current students can give us more insight
- 0Dec 22, '10 by MillikinHi. I work in marketing at Millikin University and saw your comments. We are very excited to offer the CRNA program in conjunction with Decatur Memorial Hospital. The first cohort will start in the summer. Your information about interview letters and the actual interviews is correct. The School of Nursing will open up applications for its 2012 class in the spring (deadline will be Sept. 1). If anyone needs more information, call themLast edit by Silverdragon102 on Dec 23, '10 : Reason: name and contact details removed
- 0Feb 17, '11 by Sparikh516Hello! yes I did! I read that you started the program? How is it so far?
I read since they only accept 10-12 people it is pretty rough to get into the program? is that true.
I am interested in applying for the July 2012 cohort. Just to clear up, when does the application for this cohort begin? When I checked online, the cohort application admission term was only for July 2011-December 2011. Also, how many recommendations are required for this program? The CNL/NE/CRNA programs require 3 recommendations. For the gpa requirement, at the time I submit my applicaiton does my gpa need to be above a 3.25 or does it need to above 3.25 when I graduate with my degree, or both? Just wanted to make sure. Also what is the average gpa of the last cohort entering into the program? thank you so much! i am very intereseted in applying to this program because I have heard good things Millikin's Nursing program
- 0Feb 17, '11 by cdwcobra95Actually i haven't started the program yet. I start the program this July. I believe they only accept around 12 people in each cohort. I think you can apply year round for each cohort, but i am not 100% sure. I sent my application in October 2010 for the 2011 cohort. You need to have 3 letter of recommendation. If your GPA is below the 3.25 they require you to take the GRE. I don't know the average GPA of my cohort. I suggest you go to their website and look under admission requirements for MENP program. I also see that you are about to complete your psychology degree. Have you completed the other prereq courses for the MENP program. They require you to have Anatomy & Physiology 1 and 2, microbiology, organic chemistry, graduate level stats, and several psychology courses that i assume you have already taken. These have to be taken before you start the program.