January 2012 Barry University CRNA program - page 6
by mathaka 35,466 Views | 85 Comments
Hello, is anybody interviewing or has interviewed for Barry University's CRNA program for Jan 2012 entry? I would like to talk to some people that have or will be.... Read More
- 0Aug 8, '11 by CBAZAnyone know when the 2 week orientation is in January? Everything I find says early January but not an exact date. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking of taking a travel position in Florida so I can get to know the area but want to make sure I don't overlap with school.
- 0Aug 9, '11 by fyraceI am wondering the same, more so to get my room and board in order, however I was told, unofficially, by a current student it starts the second week of January, but again, I don't have an exact date. If you email the external relations manager he may tell you. If anyone finds out, can you please post?
- 0Aug 11, '11 by fyraceGetting registered today for the Chem and Prof Aspects classes. I will be working full time through the fall but it is with the fire department so I shouldn't have any issues. My last shift on the floor is in a couple weeks so it should be straight forward with these classes.
- 0Aug 11, '11 by fyraceI have not. Sorry. Only thing I heard was no books for the Prof Aspects. Did you get a syllabus or anything? Which cohort did you pick? I'm Orlando. Anyways, if you pm me you email I can let you know if I hear anything. Still alot of open questions but I think it is still early (like when is the 2 week orientation..etc).
- 0Aug 15, '11 by acl0727hey everyone, quick question: one of the provisions that i need to satisfy for jan 2012 is 'proof of ccrn certification'. i haven't taken the ccrn exam. i contacted (moderator edit of name - please do not post names and/or initials of names that could possibly identify anyone in your program per tos) and informed him that i have never taken the ccrn exam. he told me that i do need my ccrn certification before jan. is anyone else in the same boat as me?Last edit by sirI on Aug 15, '11
- 0Aug 16, '11 by Snappz11For those who attend Barry, when you say "run your own room", does that mean you are the only anesthesia provider present? Or are you being observed by a CRNA/ Anesthesiologist while making all of the decisions? How early are you expected to complete a case on your own? Thanks!
- 0Aug 19, '11 by fyraceI was told by the end of your first year you will be running your own room. Means you run the surgery, just as if you were employed, you are on the schedule, you get vacation...etc. You move fast and a buddy who is in his first year says you get your a** handed to you so be ready.
I also got the syllabus for the headstart chem and the orientation dates. PM me if anyone is interested.