I have just applied to USC, SC CRNA porgram - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 23, '12 by roe1979Thanks for the update. Sucks for me I guess.
- Jun 26, '12 by ICUnurselovelyAlternate.
- Jun 26, '12 by ICUnurselovelyThe interview was surreal. My first went okay but the second I didn't know how I did. It was the longest 30 min of my life. I don't know how many they accepted, but they had a wide range of backgrounds.
- Jun 26, '12 by Cutter2ICUnurselovely,
Thats a step in the right direction, if not this year you should be good to go next year. I was there the same day as you (bald guy I know I need to work on my interviewing and experience ( or at least articulating it) but going through that interview was educational at least. A bit of a downer, but honored to get an interview anyway. Best of luck
- Jun 27, '12 by k8thegr8Kinda sucks that they didn't give any communication at all to those that didn't get in (me!) I wish they had at least sent something saying the competition was crazy and it was a difficult decision or something. Hate to find out today after waiting and being anxious about it on all nurses.com instead of from the school.
- Jun 27, '12 by MSICUNurse131Tell me about it, I still have yet to receive any sort of notification in the mail or email and people already found out they were in a week ago. Roe I think I interviewed the same day as you June 5th.
- Jun 28, '12 by ICUnurselovelyHi Cutter. I was thinking that you were the one I sat next to ;-). For what's it worth, I thought you were very knowledgeable and super friendly to boot. Who knows what exactly they are looking for. Every school is different, don't give up. Are you going to apply somewhere else?
I don't know why some people haven't heard yet. I know mines came in through an email on last Friday, and a girl that I know that got in heard the day before on Thursday. If you haven't heard, I would call the department just to check and also check your spam box. Hope that helps.
Best luck to everyone
- Jun 28, '12 by cassie1It does seem very inconsiderate to not send a letter or an email simply stating you were not accepted into the program. I think it is not completely outrageous to expect some sort of communication considering each applicant's personal investment in the application process.
- Jun 29, '12 by roe1979The only thing I received was an email saying congratulations on interviewinf and fill out this survey. Never specifically said anything about not being accepted tho. Waiting for nothing did suck and seem inconsiderate. But I did email to request followup and I did get a call back from the assistant director. He seemed genuine in his advice for me for how to improve my chances. Overall, I still was impressed by the overall process compared to others. I would apply again if I was still available next year but I will be in school before then. Too many other interviews coming up.... MSICUNurse - were you one of us that ate lunch at panera?
- Jun 29, '12 by MSICUNurse131Yes I had lunch with you guys! I was the girl from Charleston. I hope your other interviews went well, I finally got a email today saying I wasn't accepted.