Barry University CRNA interview - page 2
by LadyCham9 | 18,536 Views | 22 Comments
I have an interview with Barry University in Florida on May 11, 2009 for their CRNA program and I am extremely nervous and I really do not know what to expect. Has anyone gone through the interview process? What types of... Read More
- 0Jun 25, '09 by schmandy12Thanks UNCC49er!! Really appreciate it! Are you gonna go to Barry in Jan? or are you applying elsewhere? When you say "basic clinical questions"....do you mean intrepreting pa waveforms or dopamine gtts or septic vs cardiogenic shock?
You're response helped me prepare me for this interview! I'm so glad they talk about financial aid, fo sho!
Congrats on the acceptance!! :bowingpur
- 0Jun 25, '09 by UNCC49erBy basic questions I mean:
--Cardiac Output is... (4-6 L/min.)
There were a few questions about drugs...I cannot remember specifics, but they were drugs any ICU nurse should know...nothing specific about receptors or anything, more about what the drugs are used for...I think atropine maybe or epinephrine were on there. There were a few questions with patient scenario's if I recall correctly, but I am unsure of specifics.
The chemistry portion of the test was by far the hardest. Again, this is a test to see how much you recall from your previous courses. It is a guide to see what you need to focus on. There is really no way to study for this portion.
--what is the universal solvent
--how many hydrocarbons in a specific molecule
--what is the name of the following component (and they give you some weird compound CH3-CH2-COOH) (this was not the actual example...I don't even know if there is even a compound!)
In other words, relax, you will do fine. Try not to stress out. I know this is hard, but you have made it to the interview.
The test is multiple guess! a, b, c, or d!
- 0Jun 26, '09 by schmandy12Ok...so very basic! Got it...I know nurses have a habit of reading into questions (which is what I was afraid that I'd do), so that's why I was wondering HOW basic, but cardiac output is pretty straight forward, huh?!? I'm signed up for chem starting next week (interview is aug 3rd) so maybe I can get a couple of those right!
I really appreciate your help!!! I'll keep you updated on how it goes!
- 0Jul 13, '09 by Nancy C.Hi, here is the info. I want to share with you about today's interview in Barry. Basically, nothing worth stressful. Directors are very friendly. Questions are generic, like "why you want to be CRNAs?" Test is very easy. Because I have taken organic chem I and II, I have no problems with that. One of the questions is about the organic nomenclature. How to name a organic compound something like that. Just relax, be yourself, and you will be absolutely OK. - nancy
- 0Jul 17, '09 by Nancy C.Amanda,
It looks like they still have spots available in Orlando, Tampa, and Miami. Do you have any preference? I chose Orlando because it will be much closer to church. (I am living somewhere between Tampa and Orlando). Where are you coming from? I received an email from them on the 2nd day that I am admitted to the program. I am hoping that I will see you in the class too. Just relax, you will be OK. Please plan plenty of time to drive to the campus because there were 2 nurses showing up one hour late because of the construction on I-95. I seldom check allnurses forum and sometimes the notification of thread will go to the Junk Mail. Let me know the interview's outcome.
Good luck, keep in touch - NancyLast edit by jnette on Jan 22, '10 : Reason: wrong email address