University of Cincinnati FNP fall 2013 anyone???
- 0May 14, '13 by ChristelizeHello all! Just got my acceptance letter today for UC, nervous but excited at the same time to be going forward in my career! Any words of advice are greatly appreciated :-)
- 17,019 Visits
- 2May 15, '13 by ruri10743I would like to hear from others who applied to, or got accepted to U of Cincinnati! I'm planning to apply this school the next fall semester!
Are you in the online program or the on-site program? Could you tell me more about the applying process?
Thank you so much in advance!
- 0May 17, '13 by TashaLPN2006RN2012Congrats! UC is one of my top three choices for either FNP or AGNP (still undecided if I really wanna learn pedi stuff or not!) I have been looking for an online option as I graduated with my ASN from Excelsior College and will have my BSN from Excelsior College in December (well conferral date isn't until Feb 2014 though). I'm hoping to get into the Summer 2014 or Fall 2014 myself.
- 0Jun 2, '13 by 22muchfunI was accepted to University of Cincinnati's online FNP program to start Fall 2013. I am pretty excited. It took about 9 weeks to get my acceptance letter. I am thrilled to be moving forward with my dreams. Has anyone heard what the average pass rate is on the FNP boards from University of Cincinnati's online program?
- 0Jun 2, '13 by 22muchfunAlso, I would love to hear from any current students on how time consuming the school work is. I work 32-40 hours a week, mostly on nights. My kids are all school aged and my husband is super supportive of my goals to graduate as a FNP. I know in undergraduate school they say for each credit you shoud plan on 3 hours of studying. Like a 4 credit class should consume at least 12 hours of your week to get a descent grade. Does one need to plan on more than 3 hours a credit for graduate classes?
I have also been accepted to Maryville University's online FNP program and I understand that their semesters do not have more than 6 credits that a person takes. It takes longer to finish, however perhaps more managable.
I believe that University of Cincinnati is ranked higher than Maryville University with their online FNP. I am just looking for any feedback. I am leaning towards U of C, however I want to be sure of my decision.