Florida BON approved ARNP or AGNP programs
- 0Sep 19, '13 by DanishI'm having trouble finding which schools are approved in my state. I am interested in an online program, but if I understand correctly, even CCNE accredited programs are not always approved by the state BON. A traditional brick and mortar school isn't out of the question. I just would like a list to start off researching pros and cons of different programs.
Does anyone know where such a list exists?
- 0Sep 20, '13 by reebokHCFRfrom what I'm reading, the school has nothing to do with it as long as you can get certified.
For Certification as a Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, the requirements are as follows and can be found in Section 464.012, F.S.
- Hold a valid Registered Nurse License in the State of Florida
- Education Requirements:
- (a) Applicants who graduated on or after October 1, 1998, must have completed requirements for a masterís degree or post-masterís degree certification.
- (b) Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist applicants who graduated on or after October 1, 2001, must have completed requirements for a masterís degree program.
- (c) Applicants who graduated prior to the applicable date are exempt from this requirement.
- (d) Graduates from either a certificate or currently closed program should submit supporting documentation that demonstrates program compliance with Board guidelines.
- After July 1, 2006, applicants for certification as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner pursuant to section 464.012(1), F.S., shall submit proof of national advanced practice certification from an approved nursing specialty board.
- Proof of malpractice insurance or exemption.
- 0Sep 20, '13 by heliconiabayFrom what I understand, The FL Board doesn't regulate post RN licensure programs. I thought they just regulate the undergraduate programs for intial licensure. Not sure though...please post here if you find anything out for sure. I am also in FL and trying to decide which FNP program I want to do right now.
- 0Sep 26, '13 by TashaLPN2006RN2012I also live in FL, from my understand some schools are NOT approved for FL licensure for ARNP BUT they have to tell you up front. To my understanding the school itself has to be accepted by it's OWN state board of nursing to be approved for certain states. I found that Maryville, University of Cincinnati, Georgetown, South University, Frontier University and several others are acceptable for license in FL. you just have to do a search online for them.