- by brian Aug 17, '03Hi everyone! I just thought I'd start the new State forums off with an introduction thread. Please feel free to reply to this thread if you wish. Otherwise, feel free to start a new topic if you wish to discuss other topics that are local or state related. Enjoy!
- Aug 26, '03 by rncopperOk, I will be the 1st!!!
I am a traveling nurse (presently in VT). I live in Lead. ANYONE OUT THERE FROM THE GRAND 'OLE STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA????
- Oct 3, '03 by TreadingWaterI am East River working MCH. Greetings to everyone across the prairie.
- Oct 7, '03 by SickleMoonHi all--
Currently working West River area in Emergency/Critical care. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you!
- Dec 19, '06 by NurseGirl08Hi! I'm a CNA at a small rural nursing home.
- Dec 19, '06 by nurseangel47Hi and welcome to all in this thread! I am an RN in NC.
welcome to allnurses! :caduceus: :angel2: :flowersfo :mortarboard: :studyowl: :Santa3:
- Aug 12, '08 by bzmomI am an LPN (Lake Area Technical Institute 1995) turned RN (Excelsior College, March 2008). I live in Hot Springs, SD and work for the VA there.
Hey, does anyone still read this section????
- Sep 3, '09 by mcqterriI am a SD born and raised and schooled. Currently a travel nurse SD was hard to impossible to find a job in so am currently in WY.
It is hard out there for regular staff and travelers in the Midwest and all over.
The Midwest has the best people ever! wooot woot!
- Sep 3, '09 by mcqterriHey!!!!! Hot Springs is an awesome area. I applied like forever to work in the VA there but no answers...multiple apps etc.
I worked in RC but they go thru job cuts too and pay cuts and travel nursing cuts.
I am having a hard time finding a job as a regular stiff or travel nurse in the Midwest right now so I am here in Cheyenne WY.
Tell me what its like to work there...do u like it? should I keep on keeping on with the application thing? :typing
I appreciate any information u could provide. I would be glad to give u more info on me if u like, like I am a female originally from Huron SD. went to DWU...later in life but have since worked as a travel nurse for last 5 going on 6 years. I am huge pet fan as I worked as a vet tech for almost 20 years before I became a nurse.
If u would like to send me a pm, as I worked in the VA in SFalls for over 2 years and some of my best friends are still from when I met them there.
Thanks for responding if and when u can.
TerriLast edit by sirI on Sep 3, '09