What do ya'll think of HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital-Charleston,SCRegister Today!
- by LPN-n-2005 Jan 29, '05I was thinking about applying with HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital in Charleston,SC. Does anyone work there or would recommend it? Any input welcome!
- 4,708 Views
- Jan 29, '05 by marbeQuote from LPN-n-2005I live near and they have quite a repetation for rehab. (good) also for general care of patients.(bad) You would need to check it out very well.I was thinking about applying with HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital in Charleston,SC. Does anyone work there or would recommend it? Any input welcome!
- Jan 29, '05 by rstewartQuote from marbeI live near and they have quite a repetation for rehab. (good) also for general care of patients.(bad) You would need to check it out very well.
Frankly I wouldn't work for HealthSouth in Charleston or otherwise. In my opinion they have always been slimeballs and unfriendly to nurses. Their practices are coming home to roost as several of their formerly top folks have admitted to accounting fraud and are currently testifying against the company founder who is being changed with the same. Financially it's a very shakey company with huge debt, and more than a view legal problems still unsettled. As you no doubt surmised, in my opinion it couldn't have happened to a more appropriate group of men and women. :angryfire
- Jan 29, '05 by LPN-n-2005I see quite a lot of ads for employment with HealthSouth in Charleston for all sorts of positions (nursing assistants,food service,nurses,etc) which must mean a high turnover rate. I will stear clear of there and apply at some other places.
- Feb 1, '05 by P_RNBased on what I know from that one and the one nearhere, my advice would be to "let trouble pass you by."
- Feb 1, '05 by P_RNHS is a sore spot for me. In the Sunday Newspaper there are 25 health care jobs listed.
There are several hsp. with good reputation in the area. :USC, Roper Hosp.,the Catholic Hospital (Bon Secours). There are two more in the Summerville area about 10 mi up from the city. I forgot the VA. I haven't been in there but my BIL had Guillaine-Barre and they diagnosed him almost immediately. They found a GB expert who was in the Columbia (SC) VA. It went for 6 months, from no movement but his eyes, to full restoration!
- Sep 11, '07 by bloomscootanyone have any info on an entrance test for healthsouth? do they test you there for lpn and what does it consist of?