No money!! No money!!
- 0Dec 26, '08 by walkthelineHello, All:
I will be starting Clinicals at Midlands Tech this upcoming January '09, and I do not have enough money to buy every book and piece of equipment on my list.
Could someone please tell me, off of the NUR101 booklist, which books I will be using as soon as the class starts??? I am going to have to buy my supplies and books over the first 2 months as my work checks come in and I do not have $800-$1,000 to put down on day one.
Also, do I need to get a uniform now, or is that something that can wait a couple of weeks or so?
Lastly, can anyone give me an idea of what exactly in done in NUR101, and what supplies besides the obvious notebooks, notecards, pens, etc. that I will need on the first day of class?
Also, any study and organizational tips would be appreciated.
- 1,838 Visits
- 0Dec 26, '08 by P_RN Asst. AdminIt's been years and centuries since I was in nursing school. What's on the list? I went to USC and almost all of the textbooks were available for checkout in the library. I only bought maybe 3. Seems like MTC has just white scrubs or dress with an apron or tabbard-right?
- 0Dec 26, '08 by P_RN Asst. AdminI looked at the MTC web page and apparently you have to order the uniform through them and it takes 6 weeks. Call them Monday and see what they can do.
I wish I had one to give you but I have a blue set from Columbia Hospital, a yellow set from Carolina and then a green set from Carolina. Bet there would be someone who would sell or lend you one.
- 0Jan 6, '09 by YankeeLady25Hello and Congrats! I graduated MTC may 2007 and yes...you will need all the books. At least I did. The first semester you definetly need to get the main book- which I believe is the med-surg book, and then you will need the skill book. The good thing is you will use your med-surg book throughout the program so don't sell it!! I still have mine and I go back to it sometimes to look things up. You can probably go to amazon or somewhere online and buy it cheaper if it is not a brand new edition. I actually was looking to get rid of my uniform I still have it in my closet...I think it is a small. But you really only need the top, you can get pretty much any kind of white pants- the bookstores uniforms are pretty expensive, I usually get mine on the internet. Hope this helps. You are also going to have to buy the skills packet its a bag of stuff you need for lab I think its like 30 bucks you have to have that the first week I think depending on who you have they can be pretty strict.
- 0Jan 7, '09 by walkthelineThanks so much, YankeeLady25!! It figures that the medsurg book is THE most expensive one out there!! At least I have an idea of what I need to get now. I think the reference books like the medical dictionary, etc. I can use in the library until I get my own.