MUSC Accelerated BSN - Page 37Register Today!
- Apr 15, '11 by charlestonsailingWord! congrats to us. Wahoo. Fun party today too. Thanks Elizabeth, Kelly and Audrey and anyone else who helped and reads this.
- May 30, '11 by hiddenparadigmCan anyone tell me what essay questions have been in the past? I want to start writing some stuff down, it would be helpful to be drifting in the right direction while doing so. Thanks in advance! I hope to be living in beautiful Charleston soon!
- May 30, '11 by CalilouyahThe last essay question for fall 2011 was about why you want to become a nurse and how you bring diversity. Quick question: does anyone know when we will be receiving our financial aid award packets? I am wondering how I am going to pay for school. Any information on financial aid would be very helpful.
- Jun 6, '11 by jBj4321Thank you all for this generous information on the ABSN program! I am planning on applying for the 2012 Spring semester. I understand that applications don't open until July 1st. I currently live in California, in the San Francisco Bay Area, but I'm originally from Kentucky. Hopefully being from the South has some weight, hah. I'm nervous about being out-of-state though.
My background is extensive and diversified. My undergrad was a B.S. in biology with a 3.5 GPA. I've worked in a variety of places related to bio (zookeeper, food science, etc.). I've done well in prereq's.
My experience related to medical...
-3 years working as an ER registration clerk through college (full time and part time)
-brief experience as a nurse assistant on a spinal cord injury unit
-volunteered abroad with a medical NGO in India and Costa Rica
-volunteered as a research assistant at UCSF in biopyschosocial health research
I hope this is the kind of qualities they are looking for and can outweigh the fact that I'm out-of-state. Anyone in the program shine some light on my background? Do you think I have a chance? How many people in the current cohorts are out-of-state and do you think these students had to have superb applications to get in? I'm worried my GPA isn't stellar enough.
Thank you kindly.
- Jun 28, '11 by nurstudent12Hello, I'm from VA and looking at different colleges. Could someone please tell me how a daily schedule is in the nursing program?
- Aug 16, '11 by muscs12applied priority for spring 2012! anyone else?
- Aug 17, '11 by Mdk110I did! I'm ready to just know! I hate waiting!!!
- Aug 17, '11 by muscs12what's everyone's stats?!? i'm so anxious that my GPA isn't good enough.
- Aug 18, '11 by readyforitJust applied for regular spring 12 admission. No previous bachelors (only associates). 3.29 cumulative, 3.8 pre-req. Statistics in progress this fall. Worked medical records for last 3 years, enrolled in CNA course this fall. Very confident with my 3 references: 1 professor, 1 nurse practitioner, 1 employer. Also very confident with my essay (I worked hard on perfecting it). I claim residency out of state so I'll be considered that for a year, but my permanent address is listed in SC. Will be watching this discussion board to see when people start hearing back! Good luck everyone and stay confident!!! If you don't succeed, dust it off and try again!
- Aug 19, '11 by Mdk110When does everyone think we will hear back from priority?! I'm so anxious!!!!