MUSC ABSN Spring 2014 - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 10 by ml52789What are your stats Polly?
- Sep 14 by ml52789Any other spring 2014 hopefuls out there?? Regular deadline is tomorrow!
- Sep 23 by APriestml52789-have you received your letter yet?
polly313-I'm not sure about the average points for accepted students, but I do know that last cycles average GPAs were roughly 3.7 for science, 3.8 for prereqs, and I think she told me 3.6-3.7 for overall. You get 10 points for work experience and 5 points for volunteer experience. I was also told by an admissions counselor you get 5 points for military experience.
- Sep 23 by ml52789Apriest- I got my acceptance letter last wednesday! So excited!
- Sep 23 by APriestAWESOME! I bet that was a good feeling I'm already anxious to get my letter and it will be at least another 3 weeks. Hopefully I will be joining you in the spring!
- Sep 28 by kce32305Good luck to all of you! I graduate from MUSC in December and have enjoyed the program. You'll get a great education.
- Sep 30 by polly3133.6 overall, my prereq GPA is largely incomplete because three of the courses are in progress, but I've taken Micro and A&P and got Bs in both. I volunteer at the Children's hospital but do not work in the medical field. I'm hoping that my background is different enough to make me stand out... I studied English and Biosci in college and have worked as a retail manager since graduating. My references are very strong and my essay is great, I just worry about the incomplete elements in my grade book. We will see! Congrats on your acceptance! I hope to join you
- Oct 2 by sbornI also applied for MUSC accelerated BSN for Spring 2014, does anyone know when regular admission is supposed to find out about acceptance? Also I am an out of state student who goes to the College of Charleston currently, are my chances lower than in state?
- Oct 2 by ml52789Quote from sbornI think you should find out acceptance status a couple weeks from now. I was told there were only 10 out of state slots in the program... So your chances could be lower in that regard.I also applied for MUSC accelerated BSN for Spring 2014, does anyone know when regular admission is supposed to find out about acceptance? Also I am an out of state student who goes to the College of Charleston currently, are my chances lower than in state?
- Oct 3 by jptrippI never knew that waiting just a couple of weeks would feel like a lifetime. I wish everyone the best of luck!!!! and hope to see everyone in January.