Strong marketing /sales backgroundwith my strong marketing background whatsoever careers c

Nurses Career Support

Published

I'm a 48 year old male with strong marketing/sales/client relations account managing skills. I live in Santa Fe Nm and looking at schools there( SFCC) and in Albuquerque, ( UNM, cnm, carrington)

Any input on there schools or another recommendation?

Also with my strong marketing background whatsoever careers could be had for nurses with those sites concert skills sales rep for medical supply etc.? I do have a fair understanding of basic legal terms and have been told I should go to law school, what sort of things to legal nurses do it is that aside career or a full-time career?

Specializes in Tele, ICU, Staff Development.

May I ask what is your reason for choosing nursing?

I've recently got a hip replaced, got staph in the joint from surgery. Then had that implant pulled out and another put in last month. All this over past 6 months. I'm still recuperating I've been in a skilled nursing facility for the past month and I'm still in a wheelchair but making progress with physical therapy. I have members in my family that are doctors and I have a basic understanding of medical terminology etc. the nurses that I have experienced went from incredibly skilled people tonight so skilled and watching what they did I decided that it was something that I was interested in. My first interest would be a pediatric I like helping helping kids but when I was talking to all the nurses they said that there may be some careers out there with my strong marketing background that would not be in clinic.

Basically my experience in the hospital so much and my interaction with many of the nurses led me to the field.

Specializes in Tele, ICU, Staff Development.

I'm sorry about your medical problems and glad it sounds like you're on the road to recovery. The options for nurses are almost endless, so you could end up in sales, risk, clinical, non-clinical...so many choices.

First it's important to choose an accredited school and get your BSN- otherwise your options are limited. Then get a couple of years of nursing practice in to gain experience and credibility before you specialize. Best wishes!

Specializes in nurseline,med surg, PD.

How about health administration?

+ Add a Comment