St. Mary's MN 2018 CRNA program

Nursing Students SRNA

Published

I have applied for the start of the 2018 program at St. Mary's in Minnesota. Wonder if anybody has heard anything?

The waiting list for the class starting in 2018 is at number: 3

Can someone please let me know what does this mean on the St. Marys Website??

For those that were accepted, did you receive an email confirming you acceptance??

No email confirmation. Waiting for email info now that I sent in my fee.

Traumanurseicu- I was wondering if you would be willing to share your math/science GPA and years of experience? If not no problem! Congrats on getting in!

I have 2.5yrs ICU experience, science GPA of around 3.5. I have a Bachelor of Biology/minor Chemistry and BSN, which fulfilled all the recommended science courses from St Mary's. I think my science background really helped.

The waiting list for the class starting in 2018 is at number: 3

Can someone please let me know what does this mean on the St. Marys Website??

Pretty sure this means the first three people off the waitlist are accepted. I was #1 on the waitlist and got my acceptance letter July 3rd.

At the end of the day, everyone is responsible and accountable for their own applications, if you need help researching and hand holding trying to figure out what to do to get in, you might not be ready for a graduate level program. Make yourself the best candidate you can. I have seen people with 2-4 years of solid ICU and accompanying 3.8 GPAs not get in their first time. In addition, I have seen people with 4-6 years ICU and 3.0-3.2 get in - these people had poor grades initially in college but went above and beyond while taking harder classes (graduate level science courses) later in life showing that they can handle work at a graduate level. Everything you put into your application may make the difference. Congrats to those who got in! To those who didn't, don't cry, just figure out a way to present your application better next time (take classes, volunteer, write a better personal statement or resume, etc...) Remember this, if you are a qualified candidate, you will have a slim 15-20% (and that's generous) chance of being chosen for admittance based on how many people actually apply, so it might not happen the first, second or even third or more times you try.

I have emailed Daniel Lawrence, called the school, and triple checked with my post office. I have not received no mail, email, call, voicemail, or any updates on the website regarding my application status. The last email I received was from Daniel on 5/17 about when we should expect to hear of our acceptance/denial. So at this point, I throw in the towel. Don't want to come off as harassing. So I will leave it in Gods hands. Good luck everyone!!!!

Amazing86 - That is really discouraging! I had to call and email several times to reach someone but eventually reached Daniel Lawrence and he was really helpful once I got him. Do you have his number? I can dig it up if not.

Thank you. I finally was able to reach Daniel. I did not get accepted. Good luck to everyone else!

FYI to those on the waitlist - I accepted an offer for a different school today and called St.Mary's to give up my spot.

I have heard that they accept 1 out of 3 applicants. I am curious as to how big their class size is? Thank you!

+ Add a Comment