Illinois license (dismissed battery case)

Nurses Criminal

Published

I keep trying to find answers but there is very little information. I know that it's a case by case basis but I'm still freaking out. I have a dismissed battery case from 3 years ago. I didn't say this on my background check because I was never convicted. I quit my job because I got a letter saying I could practice.. Then a week later received a letter saying I was prohibited and needed to send on paperwork. I wrote out my statement and sent certified copies 2 1/2 weeks ago and have heard nothing.

It's so frosting. I call them everyday and they have nothing to say. Is it really necessary to get a lawyer for this? I have a clean record otherwise and a court date to get it expunged in November. I'm a single mother who has worked her butt off for this. Would they really deny a license because of one night 3 years ago?

It's difficult because I don't know if I should just start working somewhere else. You can't just start working somewhere and leave right away. It wouldn't be right. Please if anyone has similar situation let me know.

Im in the same boat right now i passed boards in august on The 12th was told i was prohibited from practicing sept 1st to send in my court documents and am still waiting for a ddecision keep calli g and was told today it could take till december for anything to change and decisions to be made everythi g that came up on background are dismissed cases none of which came up till after i passed boards i too thought that knce you got the att and took boards i was in the clear juat had to find a job now im still working a cna job having to tell an employer im still waiting on a decision and will probaly loose the position in this waiting process smh let me know what happens k

+ Add a Comment