Conferences

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

I recently attended a conference. Which part of the resume should it be placed at?

Specializes in Nursing Professional Development.

There is no hard and fast rule on such things. It depends on the specifics of the situation. For example:

1. I don't list any conferences because I have plenty of other things to include. It's only appropriate to list a conference if it was of real importance to your education and/or it is particularly relevant to the job you are seeking -- and it was recent.

2. If it was a major educational event that qualified you for a certification or something, you might want to list it in the education section.

3. I have a section called "Selected Activities" that lists various committees I have served on, research and evidence-based practice projects I have completed, etc. You might want to create a special section for those types of miscellaneous things.

4. You also might want to create a section called something like, "Recent Continuing Education" or "Selected Continuing Education" if you have more that one CE activity you want to include. If you have no experience in a field, but have gone out of your way to learn about it, such a section might help you get an interview.

It's really up to you. What makes the most sense in the context of the other parts of your resume and your situation relative to your job application?

+ Add a Comment