Getting a job after having a baby

Nurses Career Support

Published

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some advice. I am about to graduate in December of this year with a 4 year BSN degree. I am really wanting to have a baby but I am worried that if I get pregnant now this will really ruin my chances of getting a job down the line. I am planning to take NCLEX when I graduate, probably around March since there is a wait list in California to take the NCLEX. If I get pregnant soon my baby will be due late June/early July and I would potentially start looking for a job at the end of next year, maybe September or October.

Was hoping to get some advice since I am conflicted about what to do.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some advice. I am about to graduate in December of this year with a 4 year BSN degree. I am really wanting to have a baby but I am worried that if I get pregnant now this will really ruin my chances of getting a job down the line. I am planning to take NCLEX when I graduate, probably around March since there is a wait list in California to take the NCLEX. If I get pregnant soon my baby will be due late June/early July and I would potentially start looking for a job at the end of next year, maybe September or October.

Was hoping to get some advice since I am conflicted about what to do.

Thanks!

I "decided" to have a baby seven years ago and only recently made it happen with lots of money and lots of science. Babies don't always come when you plan for them to. Your age, how many kids you want, and how much you want them should be factors in your decision.

Parts of California can be very tough for any new grad- with or without a pregnancy in play. What kind of support system(s) do you have in place?

You do have options ...it just comes down to what's livable for you.

+ Add a Comment