MN Public Health Registration

Nurses Career Support

Published

Im wondering if anyone can help with some confusion Im having. I recently graduated from a RN to BSN program at Grand Canyon University. I then wanted to submit my affidavit of Graduation for Public Health Nursing Registration. Now this is a registration and not an advanced certification. I can only find that Minnesota does the Public Health Nurse Registration? Does anyone know of any other states that do Registration? I submitted the application to GCU to fill out, here is the requirements:

Public Health Nurse Registration / Minnesota Board of Nursing

Mainly its asking for 30 hours of theory and some clinical practice. The school will not sign the forms: they are telling me they offer a generic RN to BSN program and there wasn't an emphasis in public health, but it is a just a registration not a certification. When I called MN Board of Nursing they told me no, as long as their curriculum met the requirements thats what they need. The Associate dean told me to submit my transcripts, which the Board will not accept. Maybe this is confusing but if anyone has some advice or can sort this out for me the would be great.

+ Add a Comment