CPR question CPR question | allnurses

CPR question

  1. 0 I'm considering applying to our local school district to work as a substitute (aid, teacher and/or RN), but first need to re-take CPR. Is the AHA Heartsaver course adequate for the school setting, or do I need a class geared to healthcare professionals?

    This is the course description: Heartsaver First Aid, CPR, and AED Class. This full-day workshop includes recognizing and caring for breathing and cardiac emergencies; adult, child, and infant CPR instruction; AED training and basic first aid.

  2. 3 Comments

  3. Visit  VivaLasViejas profile page
    #1 0
    I think you'll need to take the Level C (Healthcare Provider) course, especially since you'll be working with kids.
  4. Visit  bergren profile page
    #2 0
    Check with the districts you are considering applying to. Our districts ususally offered the courses to the employees annually, including all the nurses and health aides. The course was Red Cross Basic Life support. The AHA course you describe may be adequate for a non acute setting.
  5. Visit  cpgrn profile page
    #3 0
    We just had to have a basic adult and child course when I started. Now, I am a CPR instructor on all levels. We all had to be certified and have to keep it up so we can teach other staff and sometimes the older kids.